The Old MERP Adventure Dark Mage of Rhudaur for Lone Wolf...

Get ready for the greatest adventure of your life! Learn more at our Kickstarter information page: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/lon ... ckstarter/
Rich H

The Old MERP Adventure Dark Mage of Rhudaur for Lone Wolf...

Post by Rich H » Wed May 16, 2018 2:02 pm

I'm selling off a lot of my RPGs and before listing them I obviously check their condition (important to collectors) and sometimes give them a quick read through again (for old time's sake). Anyway it really has struck me how easy the Dark Mage of Rhudaur adventure would be to convert into a Lone Wolf scenario. It could be set on the border somewhere between Holmgard and the Darklands and the themes and main plot lines within it could be lifted almost without alteration.

I may do a conversion of it but it got me thinking, what other adventures have you come across that would be perfect for Lone Wolf beyond those already set in Magnamund? Do any spring to mind?
TOR resources thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=62
TOR miniatures thread: viewtopic.php?t=885

Fellowship of the Free Tale of Years: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8318

Vidynn

Re: The Old MERP Adventure Dark Mage of Rhudaur for Lone Wolf...

Post by Vidynn » Wed May 16, 2018 3:23 pm

Excellent idea! The adventures in MERP: Gates of Mordor could also work well. I also think that the WFRP classics Shadows over Bögenhafen (Toran?) and Death on the Reik (Tor) could easily be converted. Alas, I already played all of these with my group.

arjunstc

Post by arjunstc » Sun May 20, 2018 3:56 am

Another MERP module The Necromancer's Lieutenant is also suitable for LW.

I actually used Dark Mage of Rhudaur for my LW campaign last year.

LoneWolf1984

Post by LoneWolf1984 » Mon May 21, 2018 11:09 pm

These are great shares, knowing which outside modules would be easy to adopt to the LWAG setting is helpful because there are only a few published adventures for LWAG at the moment.

The more content that is available that can be run in the LWAG world the more likely people will make LWAG their campaign setting and create more content for it.

That's part of the reason why using the D&D setting is so attractive, there are just so many adventures available. Especially with the advent of places like 'Drive-thru RPG' which make it easy for regular and fan created modules to be shared.

I'll see if I can get my hands on some copies of Dark Mage of Rhudaur and The Necromancer's Lieutenant.

One thing I found while digging through the inter-webs is an old adventure module for the Mongoose Lone Wolf D20 system they gave away for free.

It's called 'Blood Moon Rising'.

It's meant for low-level characters and is based geographically in Toran and areas close to many of the ones covered in Flight From the Dark.

Here's a blurb from the front cover:
Twice a year in the skies over Sommerlund, Ishir’s face turns a deep, brooding red.

These nights, the five long nights of the Blood Moon, are rumoured to be when terrible beasts walk the face of Magnamund.

The wise remain indoors waiting for Kai’s light to banish the monsters once more.

Those caught outside during the Blood Moon are often never seen again...
I'm working on doing a conversion of it for LWAG but that could be a month or so.

Here's a link to the original module in case anyone wants to take a look at it in the meantime or do their own conversion:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/193cWHC ... sp=sharing

I'll update this thread when I finish the conversion.

Vidynn

Post by Vidynn » Tue May 22, 2018 9:27 am

I will convert "Corruption of Ikaya" - published for the LW Multiplayer Game - to LWAG which will be a very easy task given the fact that the LWAG is kinda a "second edition" of the Multiplayer RPG.

The D20 Mongoose adventures are fun too, but I still think about playing them with the OGL rules (as intended).