Contradictory Combat Actions

Get ready for the greatest adventure of your life! Learn more at our Kickstarter information page: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/lon ... ckstarter/
Vidynn

Contradictory Combat Actions

Post by Vidynn » Tue May 15, 2018 11:19 am

According to the Book of Kai Wisdom within a Combat Round you get to:
- make one Ranged Attack or one Close Combat Attack or cast one Spell or use a battle technique AND
- move one range AND
- make one special non-combat action (e.g. drink a potion)

The table on the Narrator's Screen changes all of this to OR options, so its either move OR attack OR special action. I think this is a mistake but it would be nice to hear the opinion of the designers.

NIÑO

Re: Contradictory Combat Actions

Post by NIÑO » Tue May 15, 2018 7:36 pm

Join the cue.

:lol:

Ñ
PS: I believe there's (maybe Vakeros's) special ability that kinda "clears" up this. A search thru the older topics is in order, looks like.

PhilOfCalth

Post by PhilOfCalth » Wed May 16, 2018 4:55 pm

I can only say that we have been playing it as or (ie move or initiate combat) for years, and it works well after you get into the flow of it. Allowing someone to move and attack makes the Charge combat technique useless...

Vidynn

Post by Vidynn » Thu May 17, 2018 8:09 pm

well, using Charge (or on a Mount) you could move one Range and still attack. Without Charge you can still move one Range and engage an opponent, but you get no combat exchange in your slot in the Order of Battle. (Book of Kai Wisdom)