Warhammer Fourth Edition News

All the Cubicle 7 news
Noobirus

Re: Warhammer Fourth Edition News

Post by Noobirus » Mon May 14, 2018 3:17 pm

Thank you.
My posts can be deleted, so they don't confuse new members (I can't do that myself, I can only remove my last one...).

igest

Post by igest » Mon May 14, 2018 3:25 pm

Great news!!! It seemed a nosense, but, Tzentch is always conspiring, and humans are mere mortals who sometimes are afraid of Ruinous Powers :P

Jon Hodgson

Post by Jon Hodgson » Mon May 14, 2018 3:26 pm

Moving on, Warhammer Fest update is live: http://cubicle7.co.uk/wfrp-fourth-editi ... -round-up/
Jon Hodgson
Creative Director, Cubicle 7
Like us on Facebook!

Otaku-sempai

Post by Otaku-sempai » Mon May 14, 2018 3:42 pm

Noobirus wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 3:17 pm
Thank you.
My posts can be deleted, so they don't confuse new members (I can't do that myself, I can only remove my last one...).
You might not be able to delete them outright, but you can go back and edit them--even removing all of the original text if you desire. Take responsibility for yourself; the ball is in your court.
Last edited by Otaku-sempai on Mon May 14, 2018 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Far, far below the deepest delvings of the Dwarves, the world is gnawed by nameless things. Even Sauron knows them not. They are older than he."

Jade

Post by Jade » Mon May 14, 2018 3:49 pm

Jon Hodgson wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 3:26 pm
Moving on, Warhammer Fest update is live: http://cubicle7.co.uk/wfrp-fourth-editi ... -round-up/
Ambitions sound cool.
The combat system has been designed to be quick, dynamic and exciting, with something happening as the result of every roll. [Emphasis mine.]
I could see this being fun at first but getting weird after the upteenth combat. Looking forward to hearing more about it—hoping for a clever implementation that stands up to continuous play!

Ghostwriter

Post by Ghostwriter » Mon May 14, 2018 5:11 pm

Sooooo, can we expect any actual previews anytime soon? ;)

Grey Seer

Post by Grey Seer » Mon May 14, 2018 5:49 pm

Jade wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 3:49 pm
Jon Hodgson wrote:
The combat system has been designed to be quick, dynamic and exciting, with something happening as the result of every roll. [Emphasis mine.]
I could see this being fun at first but getting weird after the upteenth combat. Looking forward to hearing more about it—hoping for a clever implementation that stands up to continuous play!
I've played several narrative systems that use this sort of mechanic and I've found that it actually adds to the freshness and fun. It has yet to get old for me.
-Greyh

totsuzenheni

Post by totsuzenheni » Mon May 14, 2018 6:10 pm

Jon Hodgson wrote:
This all sounds potentially good, and i particularly like the mention of 'ambitions', especially in relation to careers, which i liked but always thought needed an overhaul.

I also see that there has been no mention of a 'Realms of Sorcery' as yet. Wise.

King Eirik

Post by King Eirik » Mon May 14, 2018 8:35 pm

The combat system has been designed to be quick, dynamic and exciting, with something happening as the result of every roll.
Ah, I really like this! As a GM I love 13th Age cause every roll can be interesting for me - not only: „16, I hit you...“
Dragon Age was also a system that was interesting but only when you rolled a pair with the dice. So this sounds great to me! :)
Last edited by King Eirik on Wed May 16, 2018 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
The King is dead! Long live the King!

King Eirik

Post by King Eirik » Mon May 14, 2018 8:37 pm

Dom did also talk about our ambitious plans for expansions. An expeditionary approach to Lustria was mentioned, as was his excitement about Dark Elf politics and how he always wanted to go to Ulthuan.
Hopefully these will be in the far future. I would like to see supplements for the Empire, Tilea, etc. first before I cross the ocean ;)
The King is dead! Long live the King!