Warhammer Fourth Edition News

All the Cubicle 7 news
Grey Seer

Re: Warhammer Fourth Edition News

Post by Grey Seer » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:59 pm

I'm forced to agree. I'm starting to feel some sort of way when Ulisses has released monthly developer articles and an entire how to play comic for the 40k version while we barely know anything about WFRP. I'm not worried at all; C7 has proven it can handle the big IPs, I just want them to give us more to chew on.

Specifically, :
What are the details on PDFs and hard copy releases - When will they be available in the US vs the UK?
Any details about mechanics would be great as well.
Can you confirm June 1st as the release date?

Etc... Etc...
-Greyh

ArnaudBelard

Post by ArnaudBelard » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:48 pm

Greetings fellow WFRP aficionados,

I created an account just now to echo both my enthusiasm for the imminent release of a 4th edition and my concern over the absence of news/updates.

I consider myself a fan of Cubicle 7 (with a special nod to The One Ring product line) but am finding the lack of info around the release of WFRP 4th edition quite puzzling. And the art I've seen only serves to enhance this feeling as I find it to be a radical departure from the grim and perilous atmosphere of the first edition. What I've seen is much more cartoony and does not really 'jive' with my expectations.

In other words, the lack of info worries me ; and the little info provided, in the form of cover artwork, worries me even more.

Please, Cubicle 7, post some news and prove me wrong by delivering a product worthy of the Warhammer name. Sigmar demands it!

Arnwalden, proud player of WFRP since 1990.

Robin Low

Post by Robin Low » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:36 am

There's really very little point in making announcements too early, even a couple of months before release. You just get a burst of excitement and posting... and then everything goes dead as attention is caught by some other release. You want that burst of excitement very close to release so that it immediately translates into sales.

Also, if you start giving out information too soon, you give the naysayers the opportunity to pull it apart and generally damage the game's image before it even arrives.

Regards,

Robin

AdolphusAltdorfer

I want it now! ... well, not really

Post by AdolphusAltdorfer » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:49 am

My stance is that I want it now! Now! Gimme, gimme, gimme!

But for me that is an irrational want, borne out of eagerness to see WFRP live again as soon as possible. In my case I can absolutely wait until it's done. We're playing D&D and Ars Magica anyways at the moment, and also if I wanted to I could use any of the other editions to scratch the Altdorf Itch.

Heck, a short while ago I didn't even think we'd ever see a new edition, so this is really all a bonus for me.

/Adolphus
The Altdorf Correspondent

Download the most detailed map of the Old World city of Altdorf and hit the streets in search of grim and perilous adventure.

http://altdorfer.blogspot.se/2012/12/ia ... nload.html

CapnZapp

Post by CapnZapp » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:48 am

Robin Low wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:36 am
There's really very little point in making announcements too early, even a couple of months before release. You just get a burst of excitement and posting... and then everything goes dead as attention is caught by some other release. You want that burst of excitement very close to release so that it immediately translates into sales.

Also, if you start giving out information too soon, you give the naysayers the opportunity to pull it apart and generally damage the game's image before it even arrives.

Regards,

Robin
I must confess that I think you're setting up straw men here. Nobody expects C7 to spill the beans completely this early.

What is entirely reasonable, on the other hand, is for C7 to break their total and complete radio silence. At the very least, confirm the release date (officially, as a home page news item, not just as a social media comment from someone maybe associated with the project). That does not do any of the damage you speak of, yet it goes a very long way to keep a lid on doom and gloom speculation.

This silence is not normal, and there is a huge point in not using that strategy: it reaffirms our confidence that nothing is going wrong.

Ghal Maraz

Post by Ghal Maraz » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:27 am

CapnZapp wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:48 am
Robin Low wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:36 am

Regards,

Robin
I must confess that I think you're setting up straw men here. Nobody expects C7 to spill the beans completely this early.

What is entirely reasonable, on the other hand, is for C7 to break their total and complete radio silence. At the very least, confirm the release date (officially, as a home page news item, not just as a social media comment from someone maybe associated with the project). That does not do any of the damage you speak of, yet it goes a very long way to keep a lid on doom and gloom speculation.

This silence is not normal, and there is a huge point in not using that strategy: it reaffirms our confidence that nothing is going wrong.
Yeah, exactly. You stole my words (Bilbo Baggins!).

We are at a point where we know much more about the other licence, which uses a completely new system and will release some completely new campaigns, than on WFRP 4, which works on the foundation of an existing system and a fan - favoured campaign. And, let me tell you this: on FB, DakkaDakka, or rpg.net, all I'm seeing is a lot of positive, excited reactions to that other game, while almost all I'm seeing is quite a puzzled stance towards this one game here.

And yeah, I'm quite puzzled too.

Arctodus Simus

Post by Arctodus Simus » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:43 am

Game Trade Magazine #218! (http://www.alliance-games.com/downloads/GTM218Games.pdf)

Page 9!

WARHAMMER FANTASY RPG:
4TH EDITION RULEBOOK
Scheduled to ship in June 2018.
CB7 2400 ..................................$59.99

WARHAMMER FANTASY RPG:
4TH EDITION STARTER SET
Scheduled to ship in June 2018.
CB7 2401 ..................................$29.99

King Eirik

Post by King Eirik » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:53 am

CB7 2400 and CB7 2401 are very important numbers this year :)
The King is dead! Long live the King!

Syntezz

Post by Syntezz » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:29 am

And still I have a question. What can we expect from Starter Set?
Will there be some quick start guide? char sheet and sample adventure or smth else? Is it worth buying for gaming usage (not for just collection) if you still buying a rulebook?

Grey Seer

Post by Grey Seer » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:05 am

Syntezz wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:29 am
And still I have a question. What can we expect from Starter Set?
Will there be some quick start guide? char sheet and sample adventure or smth else? Is it worth buying for gaming usage (not for just collection) if you still buying a rulebook?
Cubicle7 is obviously gearing up for an announcement, so I'm hoping we'll have all these details and more soon!
-Greyh