Buying from a third party

Questions and queries relating to the purchase of our products.
Hind

Buying from a third party

Post by Hind » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:09 pm

Hya :)

I recently bought "Ruins of the North" from Patriot Games in Sheffield. I understand that this means I can also have the pdf. How do I go about retrieving it? I'm sure it's been asked before but after a (admittedly) quick look, I couldn't find anything on the subject.

Thanks in advance.

Hermes Serpent

Re: Buying from a third party

Post by Hermes Serpent » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:49 pm

If (as I believe) Patriot Games is part of the Bits and Mortar programme then they should have given you access to the pdf. Ask them for a link to download the pdf.
Some TOR Information on my G+ Drive.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing
"The One Ring's not a computer game, dictated by stats and inflexible rules, it's a story telling game." - Clawless Dragon

Hind

Post by Hind » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:02 am

Thanks for the reply. :) I don't actually live in Sheffield, so I guess it'll have to wait until I'm down there again.

I hope they remember me... :shock:

zedturtle

Post by zedturtle » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:11 am

Do you have a receipt to show that you purchased it? Or another way for them to look you up? If you do have bad luck, maybe reach out to info (at) cubicle7 (dot) co (dot) uk and let them know about it that way.
Jacob Rodgers, occasional nitwit.

This space intentionally blank.

scribens

Post by scribens » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:39 am

Sorry to piggy-back on this thread, but I figured the question was relevant as opposed to creating a new thread altogether.

I didn't realize that you get a copy of the PDF when buying from Cubicle7's store. I bought a couple of books through Amazon, which obviously does not provide the PDFs. Is there any way I can go about obtaining them?

Hermes Serpent

Post by Hermes Serpent » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:16 am

You'll have to buy them then as C7, as far as I know, only provide a free pdf if you paid retail not heavily discounted.
"The One Ring's not a computer game, dictated by stats and inflexible rules, it's a story telling game." - Clawless Dragon

Jon Hodgson

Post by Jon Hodgson » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:40 am

scribens wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:39 am
Sorry to piggy-back on this thread, but I figured the question was relevant as opposed to creating a new thread altogether.

I didn't realize that you get a copy of the PDF when buying from Cubicle7's store. I bought a couple of books through Amazon, which obviously does not provide the PDFs. Is there any way I can go about obtaining them?
Hi scribens,
Currently online retailers aren't eligible to participate in the Bits and Mortar program. As such, Amazon aren't a member and don't offer a free PDF with purchases made there.

Participating brick and mortar stores, our own web store, or our convention booths are the place to get a free PDF with purchase of the hard copy.
Jon Hodgson
Creative Director, Cubicle 7
Like us on Facebook!

Arma virumque

Post by Arma virumque » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:18 am

More piggybacking here.

My local Bits & Mortar retailer made it sound like, after my purchase, he would be emailing me the PDF version of my book directly. Is that correct? Or is he supposed to mail a code for a copy of the book through RPGNow / DriveThruRPG? Thanks.

Hermes Serpent

Post by Hermes Serpent » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:46 am

http://www.bits-and-mortar.com/ is the site that explains the program. I get all my stuff from C7 direct but I believe that the retailer is supposed to either provide you with a link or direct you to a location and provide a download code.

No doubt someone from C7 will be along soon to direct you. Or you could ask the retailer.

Arma virumque

Post by Arma virumque » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:42 pm

Hermes Serpent wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:46 am
http://www.bits-and-mortar.com/ is the site that explains the program. I get all my stuff from C7 direct but I believe that the retailer is supposed to either provide you with a link or direct you to a location and provide a download code.

No doubt someone from C7 will be along soon to direct you. Or you could ask the retailer.
Thanks for taking the time to respond. I suppose I could have been a little clearer in my question. I asked my retailer for information about how fulfillment worked with the Bits & Mortar program, and he told me that he would "email me a PDF" after my purchase. (This answer was filtered through a clerk who was texting his boss to get the info, so it's possible the clerk was paraphrasing.) That surprised me because I had assumed that purchasing from a Bits & Mortar retailer would be like purchasing through Cubicle 7 directly, i.e. I would receive a download code for DriveThruRPG. But the clerk made it sound like I would receive an email with an attached PDF instead.

I greatly prefer the DriveThruRPG model, so I can get notified of updates and redownload my PDFs in the future if necessary.