Zed's Interactive Character Sheet

The place for discussion of Cubicle 7 and Sophisticated Games' "Adventures in Middle-earth" OGL setting.
zedturtle

Re: Zed's Interactive Character Sheet

Post by zedturtle » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:30 am

Huh. I can see Saving Throws and maybe running Shadow totals, but Shadow Weakness should be a special thing that happens every once in a while. After all, the goal isn't to have a complete copy of the character sheet (since that's easily done by actually copying the character sheet) but having info that the LM would like to have without having to ask the player. In my mind, the player should be involved in most things and this should just be a way to speed things up. Avoiding repeating yourself, etc.

That said, I'm all for more suggestions.
Jacob Rodgers, occasional nitwit.

This space intentionally blank.

silverfoxdmt73

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:45 pm

zedturtle wrote:Huh. I can see Saving Throws and maybe running Shadow totals, but Shadow Weakness should be a special thing that happens every once in a while.

That said, I'm all for more suggestions.
True..

Mim

Post by Mim » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:37 pm

I've finally had a chance to start converting one of my characters to your sheet, and I have to comment on how much time you've saved all of us. Thank you!

zedturtle

Post by zedturtle » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:31 am

Mim wrote:I've finally had a chance to start converting one of my characters to your sheet, and I have to comment on how much time you've saved all of us. Thank you!
No problem.

Incidentally; I've gotten the Printer Friendly version updated, it should work as well as the full colour version does now. Hopefully I'll get a chance in the next day or three to work on the Company worksheet and have an initial proof put together.
Jacob Rodgers, occasional nitwit.

This space intentionally blank.

impishmortal

Post by impishmortal » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:38 pm

Awesome sheet! Thank you, zedturtle!

I only have two suggestions.

Perhaps you could include a box somewhere for Warden players to check that will automatically add a +1 to any skill that isn't trained, due to their Jack of All Trades feature. However, that's more for convenience, and people could add a +1 mentally with no issue. I don't recall if any other classes get anything like that offhand, but I would peg the Scholar for something like that if it was the case.

My other suggestion would be to maybe just add some check boxes for people to mark so they can quickly see which skills or saving throws get a re-roll. But that's not a deal breaker either.

Anyway, thanks again!

Brent

Post by Brent » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:50 pm

My blogger friend sometimes takes pictures of the game https://yumdownload.com/foxit-reader , I open them with help Foxit Reader.
My decision obviously that I also like to play the Lord of the Rings, and reviews on the game are very interesting. Probably, faced with the problem of opening some pdf files, you will need it.

JimmyTheCannon

Post by JimmyTheCannon » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:38 pm

So I noticed something weird when I downloaded the sheet. The third circle on the "Failures" for Death saves appears as a check box instead of a circle.

This only happens when I open it in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC after downloading the file, not when I just click on the link in the post and view it in Chrome.

Gwaithador

Post by Gwaithador » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:21 pm

Brent wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:50 pm
My blogger friend sometimes takes pictures of the game https://yumdownload.com/foxit-reader , I open them with help Foxit Reader.
My decision obviously that I also like to play the Lord of the Rings, and reviews on the game are very interesting. Probably, faced with the problem of opening some pdf files, you will need it.
That Foxit Reader proved immensely useful. It allows you to add images, so I was able to add character portraits and symbols to the sheets for the PCs. Thanks for the info.

Carol

Post by Carol » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:51 pm

This is a fantastic resource for the community, thank you so much for making it!

I was wondering if you could do a version with a different font? Or can you change it in the program people are recommending. I'm an older player and find the font really hard to read - just in the forms you fill in is fine, something simple and plain for those that don't see so well!

In any case, thank you!