Wilderland Adventures now available in PDF

The place for discussion of Cubicle 7 and Sophisticated Games' "Adventures in Middle-earth" OGL setting.
Jon Hodgson

Wilderland Adventures now available in PDF

Post by Jon Hodgson » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:40 pm

After what will hopefully be a short-lived technical hiccough, Wilderland Adventures in available now in PDF!

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/209 ... _id=169435
Wilderland Adventures features seven brilliant adventures by Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan that have been tried and tested for Adventures in Middle-earth's sister game, The One Ring Roleplaying Game, and which have now been carefully converted to Adventures in Middle-earth OGL rules.

Including new monsters, new journey event tables for each adventure, optional battle maps for use if that's how your group roll, as well as a unique XP award structure, Wilderland Adventures is the perfect companion to your other Adventures in Middle-earth volumes!

The seven adventures can be played individually, or as a linked campaign as our new-found company of heroes battles a darkness rising in Wilderland. Played as a campaign this is a tour de force expedition across the region. You'll meet familiar faces, experience the horrors of Mirkwood, meet ancient Elves, drink ale with Hobbits, defeat Goblins, resolve familial disputes, explore ancient ruins, fight a pitched battle and travel far, far North into the Waste, where dragons dwell...

It's also available to preorder from our web store, or any participating Bits and Mortar game store, which includes the PDF free.

Grab Adventures in Middle-earth in PDF: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/209 ... _id=169435

Pre-order the physical version and get the PDF free: http://shop.cubicle7store.com/Adventure ... ntures-PDF

Edited to add: We have a LOT of coupons to send out, and while they're a crack team of stone cold pros, please be kind to our team working like mad behind the scenes to get you your free pdf coupons.
Jon Hodgson
Creative Director, Cubicle 7
Like us on Facebook!

Lhune

Re: Wilderland Adventures now available in PDF

Post by Lhune » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:03 pm

Swell. What this means, when it comes down to it, is that I should NOT have pre-ordered, if I happened to want the PDF as soon as possible. Which I did of course. So I did pre-order. Stupid me. Well, nevermind, it won't happen again.

Jon Hodgson

Post by Jon Hodgson » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:11 pm

Lhune wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:03 pm
Swell. What this means, when it comes down to it, is that I should NOT have pre-ordered, if I happened to want the PDF as soon as possible. Which I did of course. So I did pre-order. Stupid me. Well, nevermind, it won't happen again.
We're sending out your PDF coupons right now. We can't send out coupons until the PDF is live on DrivethruRPG. Which means that yes, conceivably, a person could own it, without the bonus of it being completely free, perhaps an hour sooner than you.
Jon Hodgson
Like us on Facebook!

Rich H

Post by Rich H » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:12 pm

Lhune wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:03 pm
If you pre-order you get a free pdf. You're pre-ordering the hard copy book.

So, if you want to pay once for a PDF and then, again, when the dead tree comes out then I'm sure C7 would be happy to cancel your original order.

Curulon

Post by Curulon » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:17 pm

Bought and had a quick look! Once again, another fantastic job from C7!

Can't wait to play through this again in 5E!

Lhune

Post by Lhune » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:19 pm

[/quote]

We're sending out your PDF coupons right now. We can't send out coupons until the PDF is live on DrivethruRPG. Which means that yes, conceivably, a person could own it, without the bonus of it being completely free, perhaps an hour sooner than you.
[/quote]

Thank you for the feedback. An hour or two is not so bad, I kind of expected one or two days (something that would annoy me immensely)

Jon Hodgson

Post by Jon Hodgson » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:24 pm

Lhune wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:19 pm

Thank you for the feedback. An hour or two is not so bad, I kind of expected one or two days (something that would annoy me immensely)
That would totally suck. And isn't something we'd do.
Jon Hodgson
Like us on Facebook!

Paulon

Post by Paulon » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:01 pm

Just a FYI, some companies upload files to Drivethru sites but can hide them from general sale while they send out coupons for pre-orders or Kickstarter backers. Not being a vendor, I have no idea how it's done, or if there are any additional requirements beyond just seĺling through Drivethru sites, but it is possible to set a file up to allow download coupons to be sent and used for it before it goes on public sale.

Morgoth

Post by Morgoth » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:03 pm

What is the recommended level for these adventures?
I smashed down the light and dared Valinor
I smashed down the light, revenge will be mine

Rich H

Post by Rich H » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:26 pm

Morgoth wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:03 pm
What is the recommended level for these adventures?
Check the preview on Drivethru'; on one of the pages it lists each adventure with a level range.