Translated Game Lines

Yggdrasil – the Lands of the North is a game of exciting adventure in a detailed and fascinating setting. Become a hero in the Scandia of legend – intrigue, combat, quests, magic and mythic creatures await...! Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/yggdrasill/
Jon Hodgson

Translated Game Lines

Post by Jon Hodgson » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:11 pm

We have some news to share about our translated game lines - Yggdrasill, Qin, Kuro and Keltia.
We’ll be ceasing sale of these games at the end of June. We wanted to let you know now, so that you have an opportunity to buy anything you’ve been thinking of picking up.
However, take heart! We’re delighted to say that once our time as custodians of these games comes to an end, we’ll be handing over to le 7eme Cercle, who created these fine titles. And so in future English language versions of Yggdrasill, Qin, Kuro and Keltia will be available through them, along with any future supplements they translate.
So what happened?
Fans of our translated lines will be aware that progress has been painfully slow. Getting these titles translated for the English language market, at the quality we demand, has consistently proved a big challenge. We love all of these games - which is why we licensed them in the first place - but we have really struggled to find a workable solution.
We’ve been quietly trying to find a workflow that provides a reliable production schedule at a cost that can be recouped by sales. Despite our best efforts, and the efforts of several different line developers and teams, nothing has stuck. We’ve spent some time talking with le 7eme Cercle to identify the best way forward, and have decided that these great games should return to their creators.
We’ll be doing everything we can to help le 7eme Cercle hit the ground running, and we’ll be handing over all the unpublished material we have in hand. We all feel that this is the best way to look after the many fans of these games.
Le 7eme Cercle is the proper home for all of these great titles, and we wish them the very best in their mission to bring them into the English language!
Jon Hodgson
Creative Director, Cubicle 7
Like us on Facebook!

Wbweather

Re: Translated Game Lines

Post by Wbweather » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:46 am

It makes me a wee bit sad, but completely understandable.

PhilOfCalth

Post by PhilOfCalth » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:52 pm

That is saddening...

I don't suppose that there are any copies of the core book lying around the office so I can buy it from you guys and get the PDF with it?!

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:07 pm

What is going to happend with Sons of Halfdan? I thought it was almost ready for its release :(

TwiceBorn

Post by TwiceBorn » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:05 am

Pablo wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:07 pm
What is going to happend with Sons of Halfdan? I thought it was almost ready for its release :(
Yeah, I'm not too impressed, either. Guess that's what happens when one of the C7 game lines (The One Ring) has a D&D 5e conversion that really takes off... other product lines get dropped.

That, and maybe C7 has too many RPG lines overall? Always thought they should have concentrated on translating one game at a time (or two max), rather than doing four at the same time.

But oh well... it's only an RPG...

Heimer

Post by Heimer » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:08 pm

Such a shame :(

I love Yggdrasil .... I hope we see more of it, in the quality we have so far.

Jon Hodgson

Post by Jon Hodgson » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:11 am

Sons of Hafdan was translated, but not to a publishable quality - it needs a ton of editing to make it something we'd be happy to put our logo on.

Everyone this end is bummed out that we just couldn't make it work - we're all very fond of the 7eme C games. We've tried so many different teams over the years, and there comes a time to sadly admit defeat, and send those games back to their creators.

@Phil - I dont think we have any copies of Yggdrasill left at all! Maybe two file copies, which we keep on hand, but no copies for sale.

Fingers crossed for a 7eme reprint in English!
Jon Hodgson
Creative Director, Cubicle 7
Like us on Facebook!

PhilOfCalth

Post by PhilOfCalth » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:50 am

Ebay here I come!