Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4e

All the Cubicle 7 news
Paid a bod yn dwp

Re: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4e

Post by Paid a bod yn dwp » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:08 pm

Cawdorthane wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:00 am
To be frank, I am utterly excited by this news and I do not think that 4e could possibly be in better hands!
Well said, I share your same sentiments regarding the pairing of cubicle 7 and the WFRP license.

I'm new to cubical 7's work. Just picked up AME (very impressed), but have also researched the wonderful One ring game. The treatment of both the one ring and AME leaves me in no doubt that cubicle 7 are the company for the job. I just hope that GW don't cripple the game by insisting on their new Age of Sigmar background. The respect that WFRP continues to have is so tied with WFRP 1ed IMHO, and the brilliant tone and themes of the Enemy Within Campaign...If it ain't broke & all that!

Although The Enemy within was the standard, I also liked the fact that you could quite easily just do an atmospheric dungeon crawl if you wanted with WFRP...But careful as GW are already doing this with their new game. Probably have to keep it in WFRP 1ed background just to be safe 8-)

farwyl

Post by farwyl » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:58 pm

Greetings!

Just hopping in to express my gratitude to Cubicle 7 for acquiring the WFRP licence. The One Ring is probably the most beautifully written (and illustrated!) RPG book I've ever seen, and I can't wait for my beloved Old World setting to receive the C7 treatment.

Personally, I'm hoping for a game that's close to 1e WFRP both setting-wise and mechanically (albeit refined). I'm quite hopeful that GW won't force Age of Sigmar, since the quite recent Total War: Warhammer is set in the Old World.

Steelwind

Post by Steelwind » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:36 am

Count me as another who is excited for a Cubicle 7 take on the Old World. I'm hoping for 1E in style/feel and a refined 2E in mechanics, though I trust C7 to create the mechanics of a game that perfectly matches the world, as their proven track record states. 1E Old World and I am all in, an Age of Sigmar game would be a pass for me though.

buddhax

Post by buddhax » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:05 pm

Still no official news about this?

Heimer

Post by Heimer » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:05 pm

farwyl wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:58 pm
Greetings!

Just hopping in to express my gratitude to Cubicle 7 for acquiring the WFRP licence. The One Ring is probably the most beautifully written (and illustrated!) RPG book I've ever seen, and I can't wait for my beloved Old World setting to receive the C7 treatment.

Personally, I'm hoping for a game that's close to 1e WFRP both setting-wise and mechanically (albeit refined). I'm quite hopeful that GW won't force Age of Sigmar, since the quite recent Total War: Warhammer is set in the Old World.
AMEN ... couldnt have said it better myself. :)

C7 makes such beautiful books :) I cant wait to see what they do with WFRP ... lets just hope it stays closer to 1e WFRP setting-wise as you suggested.

Moxiboo

Post by Moxiboo » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:49 pm

Thrilled to hear that Cubicle7 has acquired the WFRP license. I can only agree with the other people here, who would like to see something close to the 1st or 2nd edition. Age of Sigmar is childish nonsense and it would be a pass for me as well.

CapnZapp

Post by CapnZapp » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:43 am

I can't imagine Cubicle 7 would be even remotely interested in acquiring a WFRP license if that meant setting the game in Age of Sigmar. Pure toilet indeed.

To me, the fact that someone (C7) has been willing to part with cold hard cash is a strong indicator the Old World will live on. If we're really lucky, C7 has convinced GW to separate the Old World entirely from the figs business - perhaps C7 were given permission to base their upcoming game on the first edition Old World?

That is: no imminent/recent chaos invasion, no stupid high-fantasy Wizard Colleges in Altdorf, and no Arthurian Brettonia nonsense :)

Zapp

PS. Of course, it's also possible GW are paying c7 handsomely to produce an Age of Sigmar game that will be WFRP in name only. If so, I wish c7 the best of luck (and that they gouged GW for everything they could) but I will have to turn away or I will throw up.

Grey Seer

Post by Grey Seer » Sun May 14, 2017 10:23 pm

I also would love to hear news on this. And I'll second the "I hope it's not Age of Sigmar" sentiment.
-Greyh

SaFe

Post by SaFe » Mon May 15, 2017 2:51 pm

Seconded, i'm also very interested who the designer is.

schoon

Post by schoon » Wed May 17, 2017 12:28 am

I'm also very happy to hear that WFRP will live on, and have faith that Cubicle 7 will give it the treatment it deserves.

On the other hand - and like many others here I've played since 1st Ed - I'm really hoping for something a bit more streamlined and cinematic.

No offense to those who loved it, but the d100 system does not float my boat.