Tian Xia 1: Xianyang

Discover the mysteries of this acclaimed French RPG from 7th Circle games. Adventure in a world inspired by historical detail and martial arts action. You are already a Hero—become a Legend. Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/qin/
cg4unix

Re: Tian Xia 1: Xianyang

Post by cg4unix » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:22 pm

Are you guys trying to convince them to put more resources into Qin or kill the line off entirely? I would love to see the rest of Qin translated and available. I would love to see a kickstarter on this (and would contribute). What I would not love is for the company to say "Gee, the guys who are most into this (and with some justification complaining on the forums) are saying there's no interest, better just drop the line entirely."

Yes, I think Qin is suffering from the same sort of malaise that impacted Sengoku. Lots of promises about upcoming products and things "almost being there" but long delays and a lack of visible progress. But I am giving cubicle seven the benefit, given that they have several other active lines and hoping that they will actually deliver.

If there is something that the fans can do to put their money (or time and talents) where there mouth is to get this stuff out faster, please let us know.

skywalker

Post by skywalker » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:52 pm

I am not trying to convince them either way regarding the product release. I am hoping that C7 may decide to shed some light on what is happening with Qin, as keeping fans in the dark for this length of time is what seems to me to be doing the most harm.
"There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something. You certainly usually find something if you look, but it is not always quite the something you were after." - Thorin Oakenshield

cg4unix

Post by cg4unix » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:46 pm

I can agree with that. People tend to respond favorably to information, even if it's not exactly what they want to hear.

CryAxe

Post by CryAxe » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:45 am

I, for one, will purchase any and all of the Qin products that are translated, if that makes any difference. I hope that they go back to the velvety texture for the page production that they used in all of the first print runs. This series is so beautiful and elegant and it's such a good rpg, all around.

Corone

Post by Corone » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:20 pm

As far as I'm aware Tian Xia is still on the way.
(and thats all I can say because thats all I know)

While some of the other lines have seen quicker releases,
this is mostly because the Qin books are often nearly twice the size.
Andrew Peregrine - Corone Design
Cubicle Seven Black Ops

Dulahan

Post by Dulahan » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:06 pm

There's "Twice the size" and there's announcing entirely new Core Systems and books that get released in the meantime - those corebooks are probably twice the size of the 'twice the size' supplement...

And supplements (Multiple in Yggdrasil's case!) that all have come out in the time we've waited for just one supplement from Qin. Again, twice the size, but when twice the supplements are being released regardless.

Now the new Sci Fi game (Which I concede! Even interests me from what I saw paging through it at Gen Con!) and the new Post Apoc Asia game. Again, interesting! But I would love if Qin got some more love instead of all sorts of other games.

And even if it does get announced the line is dead, at least then I know I need to order the rest of it in French and muddle through, even if those books become useless to my group.

Corone

Post by Corone » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:23 pm

Both First Contact (the sci-fi game) and Shayo (the post apoc Asia game) are being done directly by AKA Games, not Cubicle 7.
So neither of those has anything to do with Qin taking any longer.
Andrew Peregrine - Corone Design
Cubicle Seven Black Ops

skywalker

Post by skywalker » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:49 pm

Corone wrote:As far as I'm aware Tian Xia is still on the way.
(and thats all I can say because thats all I know)

While some of the other lines have seen quicker releases,
this is mostly because the Qin books are often nearly twice the size.
Thanks for the information. Despite that, there is still something that just doesn't add up in terms of Qin's releases.
"There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something. You certainly usually find something if you look, but it is not always quite the something you were after." - Thorin Oakenshield

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:38 am

Guys, please stop looking for a conspiracy where there is none. We have a wide range of projects on the go, with multiple teams, at any one time and unforeseen delays in one do not adversely impact the others. We also have our own marketing and release plan that takes into account the promotional needs of all our lines and we will continue to adhere to that - we will release information when we are ready to, and not when we are asked on the forums.

Having said all that, we will have some Qin news for you all soon.

skywalker

Post by skywalker » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:25 am

Looking for an explanation for consistently growing delays for a line that was already notoriously slow doesn't need be cast as looking for a conspiracy. We all know that C7 only explains things when it is ready to do so, but it's understandable that those who are interested in the line will try and explain extraordinary circumstances, in an effort to make sense of matters.