tis the season?

A world of adventure in an age of sorcery and steam. Join the fight against the enemies of Queen and Empire. Battle ancient evils, uncover sinister plots, and root out predators stalking the cobble-stoned streets. Your tools are arcane magics, steam-driven marvels, and a stiff upper lip. Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/victoriana/
Faethor

tis the season?

Post by Faethor » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:07 am

Ok with Xmas but a few scant months ways I am trying to come up with so festive related scenario seeds .....

"Away in a manger"

Police are baffled by a spate of infant kidnappings ... what kind of dastardly villian do such a thing?

Cheap alternative to Xmas dinner? Black market? One shudders to think ... who knows.

Someone knows, and he's keeping a list and checking it twice!

Merry Krampus!
Last edited by Faethor on Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

forummr

Re: tis the season?

Post by forummr » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:12 pm

Woah... I get pictures in my head.. Not bad, if I would have an active group, this would be the perfect X-Mas one-shot.

knightofhagan

Post by knightofhagan » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:43 pm

Great idea. I think I'll throw one out...

"The Gift that Keeps on Stealing"

A society of gentlemen thieves draw each others names from a hat for a gift exchange. The gifts mush be stolen from their fellow members to be then sold for charity. The thief that steals the most valuable item wins and chooses where the money goes.
A new member of the group draws the name of the meanest, pettiest, and least gentlemanly member of the society. If the players help in the holiday heist, they can pick the charity.

Faethor

Post by Faethor » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Cool. Gentlemen thieves, I'm reminded of an old film called the assasination bureau (ltd).

Home unattended without suitable adult supervision.

Wealthy eccentric mechanist parents have left their youngest child alone at home on the festive period and gone on an extended shopping trip / lodging with friends. Most of the children are in boarding school and dash it all, they forgot their youngest (and that the nanny has the festive weekend off). A nuisance what? Would the players be helpful chaps and perform the chore of collecting the little fella and keep him safe and occupied till they return.

Sadly the spirited and plucky child has had a lively night and doesnt trust strangers. The place is a beautifully decorated mini-fortress and the goldburg-esque security mechanisms in the house can only be disarmed from within by a member of the household.

Once the child is collected from his "safe-haven", players may have to prevent a real kidnapping by cads who think he is worth a lot of extortion money who have had experience of the houses security measures and are far from amused.

Would the parents pay the ransom? Would the parents even notice?