No time for a real group - Someone in for a forum session?

A world of adventure in an age of sorcery and steam. Join the fight against the enemies of Queen and Empire. Battle ancient evils, uncover sinister plots, and root out predators stalking the cobble-stoned streets. Your tools are arcane magics, steam-driven marvels, and a stiff upper lip. Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/victoriana/
forummr

No time for a real group - Someone in for a forum session?

Post by forummr » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:35 pm

Hello together.

As a father of two children and being away every day for around 11 hours for work, I don't have the time to have a real RPG group in my city in the moment.
I wondered if someone wants to make an online forum session. I would do the GM (but if someone else wants, no problem!)
English is not my mother tongue, if I find enough players, that are german, like rulandor, we could play in german, but I guess my english is good enough, so that we can understand each other.
Concering dice, I will make the rolling and post the numbers, If its okay for all of you. It will be a deduction style game and the posting will be irregular (You know, the private live, the job...).
I see 5 players as absolute maximum, and 1 GM.
This will be my first forum play, so I will be learning,
I beg your indulgence.

And again, if someone else is on fire to do the mastering, be welcome!

So is someone here, who wants to join, as player or GM? (Please do also post your mother language)

Many Greetings!

rulandor

Re: No time for a real group - Someone in for a forum sessio

Post by rulandor » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:18 pm

Count me in! (As a player.)

What setting do you have in mind - Britain or Concert in Flames? I'm in either way.

(By the way: I am currently re-watching the tv series Hustle, and I always think how great a game a Victorian grifter team could make - but VERY difficult in gaming, I presume.)

My favorite character would be a low-life entrepeneur - perhaps a Beastman (curious and adventurous rat or weasel). Or the faithful butler/valet/bodyguard (grumpy and stiff bulldog-man called Jeeves) of an upper class co-adventurer, IF the other player would not be abusive, rather someone like Bertie Wooster.

forummr

Post by forummr » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:11 pm

It will be a typical mysterious London and around-Adventure and will take place 1861. I guess I will take the cultural and religious stuff from our reality (Christians, Jews ...), my own homebrew take and some picks from the Victoriana-Setting.

Great your are in!!, I already have one other player from outside the forums, (also German :) ).

We will deeply dip in the Characters when we have all players together.

forummr

Post by forummr » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:15 pm

And another player from outside is in! We have max. two seats left!

forummr

Post by forummr » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:41 am

Hey rulandor!

Here is the forum, I made yesterday: victoriana.xobor.de

If you have another player, who speaks german, we could start a german play these days. Do you have a friend who would like to join?

rulandor

Post by rulandor » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:21 pm

I'll ask around.

forummr

Post by forummr » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:51 pm

Okay, we have enough players.

rulandor, please come and log in, that we can start the character creation process. All other players already made the registration.
The forum adress is in the post above. I also sent you an Email.

Greetings.

rulandor

Post by rulandor » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:40 pm

Done.