Chase rules

A world of adventure in an age of sorcery and steam. Join the fight against the enemies of Queen and Empire. Battle ancient evils, uncover sinister plots, and root out predators stalking the cobble-stoned streets. Your tools are arcane magics, steam-driven marvels, and a stiff upper lip. Learn more at our website:

Chase rules

Post by Phantomdoodler » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:38 am

I notice that chase rules can get a little cumbersome regarding the number of Dice being thrown at the table. In the 3rd edition errata, I noticed that for vehicles, the roll is now Vehicle's current Handling + Wits + Relevant Vehicle skill. This would seem to suggest a roll for the chase rules in the marvels of science and steampunk book, which expands the chase rules, rather than the more dice heavy abtract rules on page 177 of Victoriana. I haven't used either, but I would prefer to avoid rolling over 30 dice for a carriage chase, so may end up using the expanded rules.
Justin Wyatt

Re: Chase rules

Post by knightofhagan » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:52 am

I have considered dividing chase dice pools by 3, and lowering the threshold on the chase track to two. One of my players has Power of Steam, so I'm sure some sort of House Rule is in our future.

Walt Ciechanowski

Re: Chase rules

Post by Walt Ciechanowski » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:49 pm

Remember also that you can reduce dice pools by trading in every 3 dice for an automatic success.
Walt Ciechanowski
Victoriana Line Developer
Cubicle 7 Entertainment