Books that don't exist?

A world of adventure in an age of sorcery and steam. Join the fight against the enemies of Queen and Empire. Battle ancient evils, uncover sinister plots, and root out predators stalking the cobble-stoned streets. Your tools are arcane magics, steam-driven marvels, and a stiff upper lip. Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/victoriana/
ZenoForce88

Books that don't exist?

Post by ZenoForce88 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:51 am

So I am going through Victoriana 3e, trying to learn it and all that, when I come to the end of the magic system on page 198, with it stating that rules for creating magic and marvels are covered in Librum Arcanum and marvels of Scienc and Steampunk. Well I have Marvels of Science and Steampunk, but can't find Librum Arcanum anywhere, not even in Cubicle 7's own catalog. I figured this might have meant Liber Magica, with the name changed from Librum Arcanum before it was published after the 3e corebook. That is untill I find there are no rules for creating Magic, other then the new abundance of spells.

So, is Librum Arcanum something that was cancled, or planned for later release? where the rules for creating magic put somewhere else?

Walt Ciechanowski

Re: Books that don't exist?

Post by Walt Ciechanowski » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:16 pm

We'd intended to include spell creation rules in the early stages of what ultimately became the Liber Magica.
Walt Ciechanowski
Victoriana Line Developer
Cubicle 7 Entertainment

ZenoForce88

Re: Books that don't exist?

Post by ZenoForce88 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:06 pm

I see, so Librum Arcanum was supposed to be published for 2e, but you decided to hold back sense 3e was so close to launch, and decided to wait untill after the new magic system was established. This resulted in Librum Arcanum being renamed Liber Magica, with the Magic Spell Creation rules omitted due to space or time.

Thank you for clearing that up, though now I wonder if you could give any suggestions for Spell Creation Guidelines, or if these are planned to appear in a later suppliment, such as the Victoriana Companion.