Victoriana 3rd Edition Official Clarifications and Errata

A world of adventure in an age of sorcery and steam. Join the fight against the enemies of Queen and Empire. Battle ancient evils, uncover sinister plots, and root out predators stalking the cobble-stoned streets. Your tools are arcane magics, steam-driven marvels, and a stiff upper lip. Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/victoriana/
keveliz2003

Re: Victoriana 3rd Edition Official Clarifications and Errat

Post by keveliz2003 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:30 pm

Hi Question

On the example filled out Character sheet

on page 152

The character is showing as having 6 health and health dice of 8

health = 2 plus Fortitude 1 +2 should be 5 ? then plus the armour would show 8 dice

Is the Heath number on the sheet a typo and it should be 5 ? if so do you then record Armour into the health dice regardless of hit location ?

Brilliant Game however have been RPG for 35 years and i like the system

Cheers

Kev

Blobov

Post by Blobov » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:27 pm

"p.194 'New Psychical Ability' should read 'New Magnetic Ability.' A clarification on Specialty Skills; adventurers automatically have Common Skills at level 0, so there's no need to buy into it. An adventurer must buy a Specialty Skill at Rank 0 (which gives her a dice pool equal only to her appropriate Attribute) before she can raise it at the normal cost."

If i have magnetic talent (Liber Magica) bought once, and i have one magnetic ability, when i want to get a new magnetic ability do i have to buy the magnetic talent again?

Walt Ciechanowski

Post by Walt Ciechanowski » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:06 am

Blobov wrote:"If i have magnetic talent (Liber Magica) bought once, and i have one magnetic ability, when i want to get a new magnetic ability do i have to buy the magnetic talent again?
Yes.
Walt Ciechanowski
Victoriana Line Developer
Cubicle 7 Entertainment

Blobov

Post by Blobov » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:13 am

"While you don’t need to spend a fate point to use Entropy cogs when performing magic or Order cogs when using marvels, you still only get the benefit if you are acting as a Liberator or Templar respectively. "

What would that mean? According to the original rules, a Liberator gained bonus dice for every spell casting. Now when does he gain those bonus dice? Only when he is rebelling? Or what?

And the Templar?

Blobov

Post by Blobov » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:01 am

Walt Ciechanowski wrote:
Blobov wrote:"If i have magnetic talent (Liber Magica) bought once, and i have one magnetic ability, when i want to get a new magnetic ability do i have to buy the magnetic talent again?
Yes.
Does it mean 12 Xp (6 for the new magnetic ability and 6 for buying the talent once again) or just 6 (buying a new ability means raising the talent too)?

Walt Ciechanowski

Post by Walt Ciechanowski » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:45 pm

Blobov wrote:Does it mean 12 Xp (6 for the new magnetic ability and 6 for buying the talent once again) or just 6 (buying a new ability means raising the talent too)?
It's cheaper to reduce difficulties than buying new talents, so it's 12 xp if you want a new ability, but only 6 xp if you want to reduce the difficulty of a magnetic ability that you already have.

I think your confusion stems from the fact that during adventurer creation it costs 6 BP and you get to choose whether to purchase a new magnetic ability or to lower the difficulty of one that you already have. After play starts, acquiring a new magnetic ability doubles in cost while lowering difficulties remains the same cost.

Enjoy!

Walt
Walt Ciechanowski
Cubicle 7 Entertainment

Martin Norris

Post by Martin Norris » Sun May 31, 2015 11:25 pm

Hi

Just started playing Victoriana 3e and there are a couple of points I have noticed ...

Fate pool page 134
Starting fate pool is fixed {humans 7 others 4} or can the characters exchange BPs for fate points?

Gaining and removing cogs page 190
"Moving along the celestial engine requires 6 scripting dice"
6 scripting dice = 36 fate points? {So 18 ish adventures?}

Reputation page 191
The propriety v notoriety roll "both rolls are modified by reputation difficulty"
What is the 'reputation difficulty'?

Thanks

Martin

Walt Ciechanowski

Post by Walt Ciechanowski » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:04 am

Martin Norris wrote:Hi
Hello!
Martin Norris wrote:Fate pool page 134
Starting fate pool is fixed {humans 7 others 4} or can the characters exchange BPs for fate points?
No, starting fate pool is fixed, although adventurers can get more fate points during a session by playing their complications.
Martin Norris wrote:Gaining and removing cogs page 190
"Moving along the celestial engine requires 6 scripting dice"
6 scripting dice = 36 fate points? {So 18 ish adventures?}
Yes. You can also move them by GM fiat.
Martin Norris wrote:Reputation page 191
The propriety v notoriety roll "both rolls are modified by reputation difficulty"
What is the 'reputation difficulty'?
Ah, we left out the explanation. A reputation difficulty is a black dice modifier that the GM assigns if the locals are unfamiliar with the adventurer (i.e. reputation rumours may not have spread there yet). If your campaign is primarily set in London and you have a penny dreadful that takes place in Mexico City, then there's less of a chance that an adventurer's reputation would follow her there.

Thanks for playing! I hope you're enjoying it!
Walt Ciechanowski
Cubicle 7 Entertainment

addseo1115

Post by addseo1115 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:34 am

I am a newbie.
Thanks for the great welcome.
I have enjoyed with your posts.

Walt Ciechanowski

Post by Walt Ciechanowski » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:42 pm

Added errata for the oracle of night necromantic operation.
Walt Ciechanowski
Cubicle 7 Entertainment