Victoriana 3rd Edition Official Clarifications and Errata

A world of adventure in an age of sorcery and steam. Join the fight against the enemies of Queen and Empire. Battle ancient evils, uncover sinister plots, and root out predators stalking the cobble-stoned streets. Your tools are arcane magics, steam-driven marvels, and a stiff upper lip. Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/victoriana/
Greenguru

Re: Victoriana 3rd Edition Official Clarifications and Errat

Post by Greenguru » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:57 am

keveliz2003 wrote:Hi Question
On the example filled out Character sheet
on page 152
The character is showing as having 6 health and health dice of 8
health = 2 plus Fortitude 1 +2 should be 5 ? then plus the armour would show 8 dice
Is the Heath number on the sheet a typo and it should be 5 ? if so do you then record Armour into the health dice regardless of hit location ?
Brilliant Game however have been RPG for 35 years and i like the system
Cheers
Kev
Health = [Fortitude +2] (see page 92)
The example on page 152 shows Fortitude 1 - so the character has 3 health dice = 6 Pips
Your armor doesn't count for health, but will reduce taken damage by it's armor value

Athansor

Post by Athansor » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:12 pm

Hi!

The book mentions refreshing fate pools every session and remaining fate is lost. What exactly does that mean? Say one character starts with 4 fate and another 7 because they are human. They both gain 3 fate from complications during a session bringing them to 7 and 10. At the end of the session if they "refresh" their fate they lose anything unspent, and go back to 4 and 7? That is the way I would have read it except that you need to amass 6 scripting dice over multiple adventures to change where you are on the cog and you would not be able to do it that way. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Ondali

Post by Ondali » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:38 am

Assassin’s Lore* (4 points)
Your knowledge of anatomy, blades, and the potential
relationships between the two, is unrivalled. You are able
to strike with surgical precision. Each point spent in this
Talent adds +1 damage dice to melee attacks with an edged
weapon. This Talent cannot be taken more times than you
have skill points in Swordplay.

I read this as every build point spent this way generates +1 damage die, but that would make this talent generate +4 damage.
So i assume it should read
Each 4 points spent in this Talent adds +1 damage dice to melee attacks with an edged weapon.

Ondali