Questions, questions, questions

A world of adventure in an age of sorcery and steam. Join the fight against the enemies of Queen and Empire. Battle ancient evils, uncover sinister plots, and root out predators stalking the cobble-stoned streets. Your tools are arcane magics, steam-driven marvels, and a stiff upper lip. Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/victoriana/
forummr

Re: Questions, questions, questions

Post by forummr » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:03 am

Okay, the damage question was answered some time before:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1223

citate:
" Doyle wrote:
Do additional successes on spellcasting roll in combat increase the damage of the spell?

Yes."

But I don't like that. Today I read about the Overcasting Rule in Liber Magica. I think that's a better way to get higher damage in spells. The 8 damage dice should be fixed. If someone wants more he has to Overcast.

Greetings

Greenguru

Post by Greenguru » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:56 pm

You really hate spellcaster, hm?
Ask your player to kill his character and build a new one. You should tell him before what characters you allow/like in your campaign.
Last edited by Greenguru on Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Greenguru

Post by Greenguru » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:01 pm

forummr wrote:3. If not otherwise mentioned, ALL Spell victims get the resistance role (Resolve+Concentration) against the spell, true?
Yes, unless the victim doesn't want to resist.
Just for the record: Aetherical bolt has ranged attack dodging rules as resistance.
Spells with range touch have melee attack evading rules als resistance.

2WheelsGood

Post by 2WheelsGood » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:55 pm

I am one of those who bought 2e, put it in the "to play when I get a chance" pile and then had 3e come out.

Dash it all!

Anyway, I shelled out for Streets of Shadow to run with the 2e rules (though the 1867-1856 thing I liked (just not thirty Guineas worth)) and in the Ten Bells in Wapping I happened to bump into the enigmatic Lady Miriam, international woman of mystery.

What in blazes is a Peregrine? A Leannan Sidhe type of emotional vampire? (Like my evil ex)?

forummr

Post by forummr » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:46 am

I would call it the Thomas Raith-type of a human kind of creature ;-) A creature, that lives from human energy, a lighter version of a Incubus/Succubus, because it must feed from heightened emotional experiences with human beings, but it doesn't seem like it harms the victims.

That are my 2 cents about it. Cheers!

Walt Ciechanowski

Post by Walt Ciechanowski » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:34 pm

2WheelsGood wrote:What in blazes is a Peregrine? A Leannan Sidhe type of emotional vampire? (Like my evil ex)?
A Peregrine is the same as an Eloim in 2e (and Eloim is listed as one of its alternate names in the description). I changed it for 3e because I felt "peregrine" was a better fit and I wanted to honour the previous line developer in my revision.
Walt Ciechanowski
Victoriana Line Developer
Cubicle 7 Entertainment