Oaths of the Riddermark - pre-order now!

Adventure in the world of J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings. Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/the-one-ring/

Re: Oaths of the Riddermark - pre-order now!

Post by jamesrbrown » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:08 am

Believe it or not, I just got around to ordering my copy today. Now, I can't wait to read these adventures! If they are half as good as their companion supplement "Horse-lords of Rohan," I will be thinking about starting a new campaign in the south.

Curious, how do these adventures fit into the Tale of Years as given in the core rules and The Darkening of Mirkwood? Sorry I haven't done the research on this one. I've been so busy with life over the past 6 months, I'm still reading Bree fully, and revisiting Erebor The Lonely Mountain.
Please visit my blog, Advancement Points: The One Ring Files, for my TOR Resources

Post by Farath » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:04 pm

They happen around the same time, but they are story wise separated from other books. The adventures within the book interlink very well and I haven’t seen any reason to connect them to ToW or DoM.
The story is outrageous (better than ToW I think) and the first Adventure is playable with fresh characters quite well. So far this is the best adventure book from C7 I’ve seen!

Post by timb » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:18 pm

Hermes Serpent wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:07 am
It went on pre-order on Oct 1st 2017 so I don't know how you managed to 'pre-order it a year ago'. Sounds like you pre-ordered it from somewhere that didn't have it and had no idea when it would be released. Latest information (not from C7 on these forums) suggests a March delivery date might be likely so about normal for a book from C7.
That really confused me Hermes, I had recently looked at my pre-orders - Oaths wasn't 1st Oct, it was 1st November ;) (see here)

Glad I wasn't losing the plot (too much), I've already ordered two copies of one book by mistake in the past, when seeing a new "Out now!" blog post by C7.
"I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass."