Moria

Adventure in the world of J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings. Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/the-one-ring/
Glorelendil
Posts: 4835
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:20 pm

Re: Moria

Post by Glorelendil » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:27 pm

Terisonen wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:35 am
Everybody has is own Balrog.
There's a delightful children's book somewhere in that idea. Perhaps with a dark ending.
The Munchkin Formerly Known as Elfcrusher
Journey Computer | Combat Simulator | Bestiary | Weapon Calculator

User avatar
Falenthal
Posts: 2125
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:46 am
Location: Girona (Spain)
Contact:

Re: Moria

Post by Falenthal » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:16 pm

Glorelendil wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:27 pm
Terisonen wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:35 am
Everybody has is own Balrog.
There's a delightful children's book somewhere in that idea. Perhaps with a dark ending.
The moment you close the book, it burns in flames.
Or the reader falls down a bridge, depending on the edition.

User avatar
Majestic
Posts: 1655
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:47 pm
Location: Seattle, Washington

Re: Moria

Post by Majestic » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:54 pm

Glorelendil wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:56 pm
Stallheim wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:26 pm
What happened with your Moria campaign?
I got mired in creating a subsystem for exploring underground TotT-style, without mapping it out. Went through about 8 versions of it, some of which I posted here.

Version 9 is going to be awesome. Really.
What is TotT-style? Googling that term gives me Zelda and Harvest Moon references.
Adventure Summaries of our campaign, currently playing through The Darkening of Mirkwood

Glorelendil
Posts: 4835
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:20 pm

Re: Moria

Post by Glorelendil » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:21 am

Majestic wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:54 pm
Glorelendil wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:56 pm
Stallheim wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:26 pm
What happened with your Moria campaign?
I got mired in creating a subsystem for exploring underground TotT-style, without mapping it out. Went through about 8 versions of it, some of which I posted here.

Version 9 is going to be awesome. Really.
What is TotT-style? Googling that term gives me Zelda and Harvest Moon references.
It's a typo is what it is. TotM.
The Munchkin Formerly Known as Elfcrusher
Journey Computer | Combat Simulator | Bestiary | Weapon Calculator

User avatar
Majestic
Posts: 1655
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:47 pm
Location: Seattle, Washington

Re: Moria

Post by Majestic » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:17 pm

Glorelendil wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:21 am
Majestic wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:54 pm
Glorelendil wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:56 pm


I got mired in creating a subsystem for exploring underground TotT-style, without mapping it out. Went through about 8 versions of it, some of which I posted here.

Version 9 is going to be awesome. Really.
What is TotT-style? Googling that term gives me Zelda and Harvest Moon references.
It's a typo is what it is. TotM.
Sorry, but I'm still confuzzled. Google gives me "time of the month"? :?
Adventure Summaries of our campaign, currently playing through The Darkening of Mirkwood

User avatar
zedturtle
Posts: 3202
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:03 am

Re: Moria

Post by zedturtle » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:40 pm

Theatre of the Mind
Jacob Rodgers, occasional nitwit.

This space intentionally blank.

User avatar
Falenthal
Posts: 2125
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:46 am
Location: Girona (Spain)
Contact:

Re: Moria

Post by Falenthal » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:37 pm

Travel on to Mordor.

Glorelendil
Posts: 4835
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:20 pm

Re: Moria

Post by Glorelendil » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:17 pm

zedturtle wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:40 pm
Theatre of the Mind
This. Sorry. In other words, being able to imagine journeying through an underground maze of passages and rooms and tunnels and caverns, without actually drawing it out on a piece of paper.
The Munchkin Formerly Known as Elfcrusher
Journey Computer | Combat Simulator | Bestiary | Weapon Calculator

User avatar
Majestic
Posts: 1655
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:47 pm
Location: Seattle, Washington

Re: Moria

Post by Majestic » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:22 pm

D'oh! I should have known that one. I think I've been stumped by that one before, too.
Adventure Summaries of our campaign, currently playing through The Darkening of Mirkwood

Glorelendil
Posts: 4835
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:20 pm

Re: Moria

Post by Glorelendil » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:04 am

Also, I don't mean simply "imagining" it but also experiencing, through simple TOR-like mechanics, all the dangers and fears of underground travel: getting lost, backtracking, running out of torches, getting separated, leaping dreadful gaps, etc.
The Munchkin Formerly Known as Elfcrusher
Journey Computer | Combat Simulator | Bestiary | Weapon Calculator

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 10 guests