The Laughter of Dragons - Erebor Adventure Book?

Adventure in the world of J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings. Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/the-one-ring/
farinal

The Laughter of Dragons - Erebor Adventure Book?

Post by farinal » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:47 pm

We've noticed that our loyal fans of The One Ring Roleplaying Game can get quite upset if we talk too much about Adventures in Middle-earth, so an update on TOR: Bree is coming along very nicely - we're finishing up layout just now, and then we'll start final polishing. Oaths of the Riddermark, the Rohan adventure collection has left editing, and is heading into layout and art direction. The Laughter of Dragons, the Erebor adventure collection is waiting in the wings to head into the editorial spotlight next. We're also working on some secret stuff that we aren't ready to talk about yet. So lots going on behind the scenes, which hopefully we'll soon be sharing with you and your adventuring companies!
Cubicle shared this on their Facebook page. So we are getting an Erebor adventure book with the awesome title of Laughter of Dragons? :shock:
Of Finarfin's children I am the last. But my heart is still proud. What wrong did the golden house of Finarfin do that I should ask the pardon of the Valar, or be content with an isle in the sea whose native land was Aman the Blessed? Here I am mightier.

kdresser

Re: The Laughter of Dragons - Erebor Adventure Book?

Post by kdresser » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:09 pm

I am insanely curious

farinal

Post by farinal » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:16 pm

Could retaking Greydelve and finding a dragon there be a part of this adventure collection? :twisted: :twisted:
Of Finarfin's children I am the last. But my heart is still proud. What wrong did the golden house of Finarfin do that I should ask the pardon of the Valar, or be content with an isle in the sea whose native land was Aman the Blessed? Here I am mightier.

Otaku-sempai

Post by Otaku-sempai » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:10 pm

I imagine that the book (like the Erebor sourcebook itself) will include adventures utilizing the Lonely Mountain, the Grey Mountains, the Iron Hills and other neighboring regions. One might very well involve the Greydelve.
DR. MANHATTAN: I'm leaving this galaxy for one less complicated.
OZYMANDIAS: But you'd regained interest in human life...
DR. MANHATTAN: Yes, I have. I think perhaps I'll create some. Goodbye, Adrian.

Falenthal

Post by Falenthal » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:20 pm

Otaku-sempai wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:10 pm
I imagine that the book (like the Erebor sourcebook itself) will include adventures utilizing the Lonely Mountain, the Grey Mountains, the Iron Hills and other neighboring regions. One might very well involve the Greydelve.
Agreed and that's what I would like/expect. I'd even stretch the area a bit towards the Mount Gundabad Valley: there're lots of interesting places there, described in the Heart of the Wild, that don't appear in the Darkening of Mirkwood.

Regarding the Greydelve, it isn't fully depicted in the Erebor sourcebook: that could mean that it's not going to be a part of the adventures, or that is was left out of Erebor to allow Laughter of Dragons to depict it as needed by the adventures.

We'll see.