New Tolkien book: The Fall of Gondolin

Adventure in the world of J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings. Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/the-one-ring/
User avatar
Earendil
Posts: 288
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:47 pm
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland

New Tolkien book: The Fall of Gondolin

Post by Earendil » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:00 pm

Not directly TOR-related, but I think this will still be of interest. :D A few days ago, the Tolkien society reported that a new book was coming out, rumoured to be The Fall of Gondolin:

https://www.tolkiensociety.org/blog/201 ... published/

And now it's up for pre-order!

https://www.harpercollins.co.uk/9780008 ... -gondolin/

Blimey. I still haven't got round to reading the last couple of posthumous books...
Aiya Eärendil Elenion Ancalima!

... but you can call me Mark.

User avatar
Rich H
Posts: 4072
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 8:19 pm
Location: Sheffield, UK

Re: New Tolkien book: The Fall of Gondolin

Post by Rich H » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:57 pm

Cool! Thanks for posting and giving us all the head's up.
TOR resources thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=62
TOR miniatures thread: viewtopic.php?t=885

Fellowship of the Free Tale of Years: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8318

Otaku-sempai
Posts: 3337
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 2:45 am
Location: Lackawanna, NY

Re: New Tolkien book: The Fall of Gondolin

Post by Otaku-sempai » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:20 pm

It's nice to have this confirmed. One or two persons at TORN were convinced this was an April Fools prank.
"Far, far below the deepest delvings of the Dwarves, the world is gnawed by nameless things. Even Sauron knows them not. They are older than he."

User avatar
Rich H
Posts: 4072
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 8:19 pm
Location: Sheffield, UK

Re: New Tolkien book: The Fall of Gondolin

Post by Rich H » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:44 pm

Otaku-sempai wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:20 pm
It's nice to have this confirmed. One or two persons at TORN were convinced this was an April Fools prank.
Those Natalie Imbruglia fans can be a bit cynical and untrusting most times.
TOR resources thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=62
TOR miniatures thread: viewtopic.php?t=885

Fellowship of the Free Tale of Years: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8318

Otaku-sempai
Posts: 3337
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 2:45 am
Location: Lackawanna, NY

Re: New Tolkien book: The Fall of Gondolin

Post by Otaku-sempai » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:41 pm

Who? That name means nothing to me--even after I googled it. :lol:
"Far, far below the deepest delvings of the Dwarves, the world is gnawed by nameless things. Even Sauron knows them not. They are older than he."

User avatar
Earendil
Posts: 288
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:47 pm
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland

Re: New Tolkien book: The Fall of Gondolin

Post by Earendil » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:42 pm

Rich H wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:57 pm
Cool! Thanks for posting and giving us all the head's up.
You're welcome! 8-)

Otaku-sempai wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:41 pm
Who? That name means nothing to me--even after I googled it. :lol:
Well, jokes are no fun when they're explained, but ...Natalie Imbruglia is probably most famous in the UK for her 1997 hit single "Torn". Otaku-sempai was talking about the website TORN (TheOneRing.Net).
Aiya Eärendil Elenion Ancalima!

... but you can call me Mark.

poosticks7
Posts: 366
Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 1:11 am

Re: New Tolkien book: The Fall of Gondolin

Post by poosticks7 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:12 am

Made me laugh Rich.

Enevhar Aldarion
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 6:25 pm

Re: New Tolkien book: The Fall of Gondolin

Post by Enevhar Aldarion » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:27 am

Earendil wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:42 pm
Rich H wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:57 pm
Cool! Thanks for posting and giving us all the head's up.
You're welcome! 8-)

Otaku-sempai wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:41 pm
Who? That name means nothing to me--even after I googled it. :lol:
Well, jokes are no fun when they're explained, but ...Natalie Imbruglia is probably most famous in the UK for her 1997 hit single "Torn". Otaku-sempai was talking about the website TORN (TheOneRing.Net).
It was also a huge hit for her here in the US. :)

Otaku-sempai
Posts: 3337
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 2:45 am
Location: Lackawanna, NY

Re: New Tolkien book: The Fall of Gondolin

Post by Otaku-sempai » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:58 am

Enevhar Aldarion wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:27 am
It was also a huge hit for her here in the US. :)
I remember the song, but couldn't recall the artist (all of which has absolutely nothing to do with the new Tolkien book).
"Far, far below the deepest delvings of the Dwarves, the world is gnawed by nameless things. Even Sauron knows them not. They are older than he."

Glorelendil
Posts: 5138
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:20 pm

Re: New Tolkien book: The Fall of Gondolin

Post by Glorelendil » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:42 am

Otaku-sempai wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:58 am
Enevhar Aldarion wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:27 am
It was also a huge hit for her here in the US. :)
I remember the song, but couldn't recall the artist (all of which has absolutely nothing to do with the new Tolkien book).
Except that "Imbruglia" would make a great name for...something...in a TOR game.
The Munchkin Formerly Known as Elfcrusher
Journey Computer | Combat Simulator | Bestiary | Weapon Calculator

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests