Tell me about your Magic Items!

Adventure in the world of J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings. Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/the-one-ring/
Butterfingers

Re: Tell me about your Magic Items!

Post by Butterfingers » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:08 am

Sure, Corvo. I completely agree with you on the role of the great enemies. I justed wanted ask about 'undead' because I wasn't sure about it, and if that possibility occurs to me, you can be sure the players would ask about it at some point, if they ever get their hands on such weapons.

Of course, that raises the question which enemies are 'undead' exactly? Barrow-wights? Bogmen?

Corvo

Post by Corvo » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:45 pm

Butterfingers wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:08 am
Sure, Corvo. I completely agree with you on the role of the great enemies. I justed wanted ask about 'undead' because I wasn't sure about it, and if that possibility occurs to me, you can be sure the players would ask about it at some point, if they ever get their hands on such weapons.

Of course, that raises the question which enemies are 'undead' exactly? Barrow-wights? Bogmen?
I get your point: the whole Undead thing was unclear to me too.
The Nazguls are accorded a special status, rule wise, as stated in Rivendell, page 76.

I rationalize it this way: the Nazguls weren't allowed to die because of their rings. This is a special way of becoming Undead, and they cannot be returned to the grave (so to speak) till their Rings (or the One) are destroyed.
By the way, in my campaign the continued existence of the Werewolf is tied to one of the Seven

Otaku-sempai

Post by Otaku-sempai » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:00 pm

Werewolves (including the Werewolf of Mirkwood) should not be counted as Undead. They are spirits inhabiting living (not dead) bodies.
"Far, far below the deepest delvings of the Dwarves, the world is gnawed by nameless things. Even Sauron knows them not. They are older than he."

Butterfingers

Post by Butterfingers » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:33 pm

Ok, so last night we played TOR and the companions were exploring the Refuge after a long and perilous trek, and after finding a hidden treasure chamber (no, Mellon was NOT the word), they get to roll for treasure. I had prepared a magical treasure index and everything. So the players get to rolling that feat die finally. Two of the three players roll Gandalf rune, and even the third rolls EoS. Things are looking interesting...

Then they all decide to use 6 experience points, and manage to roll 2 Tengwars in total between then. One rolls none, and two both roll one each. I almost threw the GM screen at them. :mrgreen:

So now I got to wonder when's the next chance to use the index. Oh well, at least they didn't come out completely empty handed, eh?