Renown?

The place for discussion of Cubicle 7 and Sophisticated Games' "Adventures in Middle-earth" OGL setting.
M Luwin

Renown?

Post by M Luwin » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:29 pm

How do you use this in your AMIE campaigns? Thanks in advance! Happy Thanksgiving for those who celebrate and many blessings to all!

ThrorII

Re: Renown?

Post by ThrorII » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:34 pm

M Luwin wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:29 pm
How do you use this in your AMIE campaigns? Thanks in advance! Happy Thanksgiving for those who celebrate and many blessings to all!
Happy Thanksgiving!!

I treat Renown as such: Each culture is a Faction (Dwarves of Erebor, Men of Wilderland, etc.). Players start with a Renown of 1 with their home culture. Conducting an adventure for a Patron gains the players 2 Renown with that culture (Beorn = Beornings, Dain = Dwarves of Erebor, Radagast = Woodmen, Bard = Bardings, Thranduil = Wood-elves, etc.) Doing an Adventure that indirectly helps the Faction gains 1 Renown.

For every 5 points of Renown, the player gains a +1 to his Traditions checks and Reaction checks for Audiences with that culture.

I do not allow a player-hero to take the Title undertaking with a foreign culture, unless his Renown is 10 with that culture.

M Luwin

Re: Renown?

Post by M Luwin » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:50 pm

Thanks for your reply! I really like this and it is a nice way to involve the players/ their PC's as well. I think I will use it in my campaign as well! Again much thanks. Blessings