Map of the Bandit Camp from Kinstrife

The place for discussion of Cubicle 7 and Sophisticated Games' "Adventures in Middle-earth" OGL setting.
robertsconley

Map of the Bandit Camp from Kinstrife

Post by robertsconley » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:54 pm

With 50 men, I wasn't satisfied with the various maps of forest camps I had or found on-line. They were too narrow in scope. So I drew my own. I took a topographical map of a local ravine I know well and turned it into Valtar's camp.

Each elevation line marks a 10 foot change.

I plan to use this on Roll20 with the new advanced fog of war feature in conjunction with dynamic lighting. What will happen is that the map will grey out. I can set the player's line of sight to what they would have sneaking around in the woods (I am going with 120 feet). To model the visibility of the camp clearing I am placing a light source that will reveal everybody in immediate area of the camp.

The red circles are where the guards are that are partially or fully hidden from the players.

Robin Smallburrow

Re: Map of the Bandit Camp from Kinstrife

Post by Robin Smallburrow » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:36 pm

Thanks for this! I assume that the main camp is where the brown building?/tent? is at right centre?

And what's the scale per hex??

Robin S.
To access all my links for my TOR Resources - please click on this link >> http://bit.ly/1gjXkCo

robertsconley

Re: Map of the Bandit Camp from Kinstrife

Post by robertsconley » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:48 am

Yes that big brown tent is where Valtar the Bloody Lives.

The scale is 40 feet per hex.