Coming Soon for Adventures in Middle-earth: Mirkwood Campaign

The place for discussion of Cubicle 7 and Sophisticated Games' "Adventures in Middle-earth" OGL setting.
Enevhar Aldarion

Re: Coming Soon for Adventures in Middle-earth: Mirkwood Campaign

Post by Enevhar Aldarion » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:05 am

There is a major gaming store that also sells online called Miniature Market that has this listed for pre-order and it says November for the release, but not a specific date in the month. When I have checked their site before for pre-order listings, their release dates have generally given the correct month.

They also list Laughter of Dragons for TOR in November as well, and Bree for TOR in December, and Oaths of the Riddermark for TOR, but with no release month yet.

Mim

Post by Mim » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:07 pm

The Darkening of Mirkwood for TOR is simply amazing, one of the best books I've seen in my more than 30 years of gaming! If they work even half as well on the AiME adaptation as they did on that; I highly recommend the book if you play that game (I don't work for Cubicle 7 and just want to add my two pence :) ).

Fjalk

Post by Fjalk » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:04 pm

Mim wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:07 pm
(I don't work for Cubicle 7 and just want to add my two pence :) )

Your feedback is welcome; now I'm more curious than before. :)
“Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” - Galadriel, The Lord of the Rings

farinal

Post by farinal » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:34 pm

Enevhar Aldarion wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:05 am
There is a major gaming store that also sells online called Miniature Market that has this listed for pre-order and it says November for the release, but not a specific date in the month. When I have checked their site before for pre-order listings, their release dates have generally given the correct month.

They also list Laughter of Dragons for TOR in November as well, and Bree for TOR in December, and Oaths of the Riddermark for TOR, but with no release month yet.
I've ordered my Bree from that site and the date they have given me earliest is December. Considering the book was out in October that's a long delay.

And I agree with Mim. Darkening (coupled with the Heart) is probably the best product ever released for TOR.
Of Finarfin's children I am the last. But my heart is still proud. What wrong did the golden house of Finarfin do that I should ask the pardon of the Valar, or be content with an isle in the sea whose native land was Aman the Blessed? Here I am mightier.

Katowice

Post by Katowice » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:34 am

I hope the Nazgul stats are in there. I heard they're in the TOR version of the book.

Enevhar Aldarion

Post by Enevhar Aldarion » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:07 am

Katowice wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:34 am
I hope the Nazgul stats are in there. I heard they're in the TOR version of the book.
The TOR version only includes stats for three of the Nine and they have weaker forms and powers than those seen in LotR because, as the book states, their powers grow as Sauron's power grows. Any books that are set within a few years of the events of LotR and include the Nazgul should have them with much higher power and stats. And even as is, an adventuring party would be foolish to engage these three.

Dirk89stensrud

Post by Dirk89stensrud » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:46 pm

I'm preparing a group to play in this campaign once it is available. In TOR, what season did it start in? Just trying to determine starting gear.

Terisonen

Post by Terisonen » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:58 pm

It's starting in 2947 by an encounter within Mirkwood. Could be either from mid-March to late September.
Nothing of Worth.

Dirk89stensrud

Post by Dirk89stensrud » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:40 pm

Awesome thank you!

Enevhar Aldarion

Post by Enevhar Aldarion » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:03 pm

It has been officially posted to Facebook that the pre-order and pdf for this will go live later this week.