I ran Eaves of Mirkwood last night.

The place for discussion of Cubicle 7 and Sophisticated Games' "Adventures in Middle-earth" OGL setting.
Majestic

Re: I ran Eaves of Mirkwood last night.

Post by Majestic » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:30 pm

BookBarbarian wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:58 pm
I went right into Don't Leave the Path, as Wilderland Adventures was the only other book I had. I might consider converting some adventures to AiME, like the Marsh Bell. but it would be less work for me to just keep going the Wilderland and play more AiME adventures as they come out.
Keep in mind that the Marsh-dwellers (the main adversaries for The Marsh-Bell) are already converted for you. I didn't even realize this until I'd converted them myself (turns out the conversions I did were remarkably close to the official ones).
Adventure Summaries of our campaign, currently playing through The Darkening of Mirkwood

BookBarbarian

Post by BookBarbarian » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:07 pm

quincypostman wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:12 am
I've watched a couple of twitch sessions running WA's, Don't Leave the Path, & Stewed Hobbits... these seem to be East to West adventures so far. The practical part of me sees no sense in having the players take the dangerous trip through the Mirkwood, only to be told to turn around and head back. As I don't know all the WA stories, maybe I can do all the Anduin valley stories and reverse don't leave the parh? First I guess I'll need to get WA's.
This is a good point. My player who was playing The Bride was a little miffed that we had now crossed Mirkwood a couple of times without trying to find the Beast of Mirkwood. and I really didn't have a good answer for that.
Majestic wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:30 pm
Keep in mind that the Marsh-dwellers (the main adversaries for The Marsh-Bell) are already converted for you. I didn't even realize this until I'd converted them myself (turns out the conversions I did were remarkably close to the official ones).
Are they in the LMG?

Dirk89stensrud

Post by Dirk89stensrud » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:15 am

Majestic wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:30 pm
[/quote]
Are they in the LMG?
[/quote]

Yeah they are. I've never played TOR so I'm not really sure what they are. They're not listed as undead but they sure look it.

zedturtle

Post by zedturtle » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:09 am

Marsh-dwellers (and Gallows-weed) appear in the Rhovanion Region Guide.
Jacob Rodgers, occasional nitwit.

This space intentionally blank.

BookBarbarian

Post by BookBarbarian » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:19 pm

zedturtle wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:09 am
Oh I haven't picked that one up yet (and it might have to take a backseat to Mirkwood) thanks for the heads up.

MrUkpyr

Post by MrUkpyr » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:59 pm

BookBarbarian wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:19 pm
zedturtle wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:09 am
Oh I haven't picked that one up yet (and it might have to take a backseat to Mirkwood) thanks for the heads up.
You *really* want both. The TOR books actively reference each other, and having only one or the other leaves a noticeable gap.

BookBarbarian

Post by BookBarbarian » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:07 pm

MrUkpyr wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:59 pm
You *really* want both. The TOR books actively reference each other, and having only one or the other leaves a noticeable gap.
Oh I know I want both. Unfortunately It has to be one first and the other later. Hopefully not much later, but life doesn't always go the way I want it to.