Your Campaign Changes

The place for discussion of Cubicle 7 and Sophisticated Games' "Adventures in Middle-earth" OGL setting.
Southron

Your Campaign Changes

Post by Southron » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:29 pm

I was curious as to if others have thought about or actually made changes to the C7 official works, by changing characters, events, timing, adding, subtracting things etc...and if so how?

Otaku-sempai

Re: Your Campaign Changes

Post by Otaku-sempai » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:48 pm

Hmmm, I've answered this in the TOR forums; do I want to repeat myself here? Maybe in regard for someone who only looks here.

I've spent some time on fleshing out the regions of western Eriador, the Blue Mountains and Lindon that go beyond what is presented in Journeys & Maps and even Tolkien's legendarium. I've provided names for a number of features on the maps and added notes on several previously undocumented communities in the area.

Western Eriador
Aegathir ... 'Fell Spy' is a Fell Wraith sent to search the ruins of Annúminas for relics of the fallen North-kingdom. Once a captain of Arthedain, he no longer remembers his true name.
Anthorp ... Mannish trading post on the west bank of the River Lhûn about 110 miles from Mithlond.
Aracáras ... 'Royal City' the ruined capital of Cardolan located on the east bank of the Baranduin south of the Barrow-downs.
Carchelek ... 'Ice Fang' a Warg/White Wolf hybrid who leads a pack of White Wolves in East Lune.
Siruial ... 'Twilight River' flowing out of the Hills of Evendim to become a tributary of the River Lhûn.
The Rabbit Hole ... A tavern located in Greenfields in the Shire.
Totóru ... Lossoth hunter and potential guide who might be found in the upper marches of East Lune.

Northern Blue Mountains
Aguta ... 'Gatherer of the Dead' an ancient female Cold-drake who settled just below the Great Spear after the ruin of Angband.
Cirith Forod ... 'North Pass' a secret pass through the mountains known only to the Lossoth.
Cirith Nogrod ... 'Hollowbold Pass' a hidden passage through the Blue Mountains that makes use of portions of the old Dwarf-road.
Great Spear ... northernmost spur of the Blue Mountains, extending northeast to the Ice Bay of Forochel.
Halls of Thorin ... assumed to be separate from the Halls of the Dwarves near the source of the Lesser Lhûn. Located on the eastern side of the Ered Luin about 75 miles north of the Grey Havens. Now an embassy of Erebor.

Southern Blue Mountains
Draupnir Forkbeard ... King of Hargrod descended from the Dwarves of Nogrod; distrustful of all Elves.
Emyn Romen ... 'Hills of Sunrise' is a line of hills extending eastwards from the Southern Blue Mountains.
Hargrod ... 'South Delving' is a Dwarf-city in the Southern Blue Mountains just north of the Emyn Romen.
Mount Baldy ... Easternmost peak of the Emyn Romen; location of a ruined Arnorian fortress.

Forlindon
Barad Mithlond ... 'Tower of the Grey Havens' lighthouse and fortress constructed by Gil-galad at the northern point of the Gulf of Lune.
Bay of Thargelion ... Bay in Forlindon located about 30 miles south and east of the remains of Mount Rerir. Called the 'Bay of Himling' on some Númenórean maps.
Faernen ... Maia inhabiting the river Vingelion.
Hadorion ... Sinda Elf commander of Barad Mithond and brother of Thandorion.
Taur-na-Forod ... 'Forest of the North' located just north of the source of the river Vingelion. Called Taur-na-Gelion by the High Elves under Gil-galad.
Taur-nu-Ered ... 'Forest under the Mountains' located south of Mount Dolmed.
Vingelion ... 'New Gelion' river that starts in the Blue Mountains to the north of Mount Dolmed, flowing into the harbor of Forlond in the Gulf of Lune.

Harlindon
Amon Harlond ... 'Hill of South Haven' a small fortress constructed on a rise on the eastern end of Harlond, built to defend the Grey Havens.
Taur-en-Ephel ... 'The Fencing Forest' rings the southernmost part of the Southern Blue Mountains from west to east.
Thandorion ... Sinda Elf harbormaster of Harlond and commander of the fortress of Amon Harlond. Brother of Hadorion.
Last edited by Otaku-sempai on Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Far, far below the deepest delvings of the Dwarves, the world is gnawed by nameless things. Even Sauron knows them not. They are older than he."

Southron

Post by Southron » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:16 am

That is impressive.

Robin Smallburrow

Post by Robin Smallburrow » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:09 pm

Constantly, mainly because I can never predict what my players will do. So for our Wilderland Adventures campaign so far (I'm still waiting for our Scholar to post here!!):

1. 2946 Dragon's Ring (my starting adventure) - Lake-town, back to Lake-town.
2. 2946 Don't Leave the Path- Lake-town, down to Woodland Hall (players decided to travel all the way with Baldor).
3. 2947 Words of the Wise (adapted it for Woodland Hall, travelled back to the Elven Halls for aid, then after the Siege they went to Rhosgobel)
4. 2947 Secrets Buried from DoM (Rhosgobel to Dol Guldur, then they will need to travel back).

So you see, I have not been able to run Of Herbs and Stewed Hobbit yet, as the players have not decided to stay at the Easterly Inn yet. The next adventure planned will be a combination of zedturtle's Theft of the Moon with Kinstrife & Dark Tidings (I'm going to run both Stonyford adventures together, and change the timing of Theft of the Moon to midsummer).

Robin S.
To access all my links for my TOR Resources - please click on this link >> http://bit.ly/1gjXkCo

Southron

Post by Southron » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:02 am

We are on "Don't Leave the Path" and two players have been through it and I plan to make some tweaks here and there. One I have just hinted at in-game is that Baldor's personality has changed since his ordeal with the spiders. I introduced the Lady Irmie briefly in Thranduil's Halls already and if the bearer of Wolfbiter is met I'm going to use a certain "betrothed" and hint of the ideas in DoM and the Rhovanion guide.

Halbarad

Post by Halbarad » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:35 am

Morning Darren,

Well, as you, Rocmistro and I have played in our online game since the start of the Second Age, I reckon you know about the changes we’ve made along the way. Here’s a few anyway.

Prince Bain is already an adult with a murdered fiancé.
The link with Dorwinion comes through his new bride, the daughter of Prince Vardanes of Kholis,rather than his father.
The inclusion of the Horsefolk of Rhovanion in the Upper and Nether Marches has led to a politically volatile situation in Dale much earlier than in the DoM campaign. The Horsefolk hate the Lakemen, believing them to be lacking in honour and a tribe of shop keepers. The Lakemen hate the Horsefolk and regard them as bandits and thieves who would steal your eye from it’s socket and return for your eyelashes. King Bard and the characters struggle to steer a peaceful path between the factions at court.
Viglund is somehow linked to the Werewolf of Mirkwood.

Otaku-sempai

Post by Otaku-sempai » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:05 pm

Those are some interesting changes, Halbarad. Did you adopt a version of Bard more in line with the character as presented in the Peter Jackson films? If so, how does yours (and his family) differ from the movie version?
"Far, far below the deepest delvings of the Dwarves, the world is gnawed by nameless things. Even Sauron knows them not. They are older than he."