AiME PbP

The place for discussion of Cubicle 7 and Sophisticated Games' "Adventures in Middle-earth" OGL setting.
rav3nking

AiME PbP

Post by rav3nking » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:43 pm

Hey folks -

I'm a new LM looking for one (maybe two) additional players to join a company of three other players for a campaign over on Tavern Keeper. We currently have two Hobbits, an Elf of Mirkwood, and an NPC Dunédain. The companions are newly met, and are enjoying all that is on offer at a fair outside of Bree.

I'm new to D&D5e, AiME, and LMing in general so there is a generous element of learning. I'm relaxed with regards to posting - I myself work shifts so posting every other day or so is perfectly acceptable.

If you're interested, the link for the campaign is: https://www.tavern-keeper.com/campaign/1370/about

steerpike65

Re: AiME PbP

Post by steerpike65 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:50 pm

I'd be interested in this. I am LMing a face to face AiME game atm, have reasonable experience with 5e too but have only played a PbP once many years ago and would like to give it another shot. I am easy going in relation to canon and rules. I should mention i live in Ireland so may be on a different time zone but hopefully shouldn't make a huge difference.
If accepted where should I sign up? On Tavern Keeper I assume?
Simon Collins
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” – Mark Twain

rav3nking

Post by rav3nking » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:23 pm

Hi Simon!

By all means, Ireland isn't a problem whatsoever! I'm UK based, and I believe the rest of my players are State-side so we're all used to being a little random. As I said before, I'm not particularly strict as far as "you must post x number of times in a given period of time." I have a life, as do players - if you know you're going to be away for a few days for some reason, all I ask is you just pop a message to let us all know otherwise it's all good!

Signup is on Tavern Keeper, which requires you to make a free Tavern Keeper account with whatever profile name takes your fancy, so pop on over. After that, under that profile you can create characters with their own sub-profiles. It's really quite a nice layout, and don't worry that you haven't played much PbP - the players I currently have are all folks I'm playing The One Ring with too and they're all really friendly. As I've said - we're all muddling through AiME together as it is.

James

Tolkien_Nerd

Post by Tolkien_Nerd » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:49 pm

Curious if you have room for another? I wouldn't mind giving it the old college try.

I am in Okinawa, so more timezone wackiness. Haven't played anything in years, but i own the AiME books!

Otaku-sempai

Post by Otaku-sempai » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:40 pm

Tolkien_Nerd wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:49 pm
Curious if you have room for another? I wouldn't mind giving it the old college try.

I am in Okinawa, so more timezone wackiness. Haven't played anything in years, but i own the AiME books!
A slight digression: Are you a serviceman? I ask because one of my sisters was stationed in Okinawa (twice!) during her days in the USMC. I myself was stationed for a few years in the '80s in Misawa, Japan as an Air Force NCO.
"Far, far below the deepest delvings of the Dwarves, the world is gnawed by nameless things. Even Sauron knows them not. They are older than he."

Tolkien_Nerd

Post by Tolkien_Nerd » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:15 pm

Otaku-sempai, quite right there! I am a serviceman, Air Force to be exact! Hello there fellow Airman! Been at Kadena for 2.5 years (1.5 to go), was at Elmendorf for 3 years, and Yokota for 3 years prior to that! Comm nerd, first a Tech Controller, now a Cyber Transport (AFSC merger).

Thanks for you and your family's service!

Otaku-sempai

Post by Otaku-sempai » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:22 pm

Same back atcha!

END OF DIGRESSION
"Far, far below the deepest delvings of the Dwarves, the world is gnawed by nameless things. Even Sauron knows them not. They are older than he."

rav3nking

Post by rav3nking » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:20 pm

Hahaha!

My sincere apologies Tolkien_Nerd, I've now filled the slot (plus an additional slot too). Should another open at any point, I will have you as my first consideration! Again, my apologies :(

Tolkien_Nerd

Post by Tolkien_Nerd » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:40 pm

Not a worry! I am on there reading where you all are at right now ;)

Southron

Post by Southron » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:53 pm

Tolkien_Nerd wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:40 pm
Not a worry! I am on there reading where you all are at right now ;)
Check your PM we might have spot for another play by post player.