How dose Adventures in Middle Earth compare to TOR in content?

The place for discussion of Cubicle 7 and Sophisticated Games' "Adventures in Middle-earth" OGL setting.
Ordo Barley Grub

How dose Adventures in Middle Earth compare to TOR in content?

Post by Ordo Barley Grub » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:19 am

I haven't been following things for a while so I do not know much about AIME so I was wondering how it compares to TOR with regards to content.

Are these basically the same game but just utilize a different rule system from each other?

Thank you.

Hermes Serpent

Re: How dose Adventures in Middle Earth compare to TOR in content?

Post by Hermes Serpent » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:09 am

Yes.
Some TOR Information on my G+ Drive.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing
"The One Ring's not a computer game, dictated by stats and inflexible rules, it's a story telling game." - Clawless Dragon

Otaku-sempai

Post by Otaku-sempai » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:19 am

In many ways, yes, but not entirely the same. AiMe is still essentially D&D with more emphasis on combat and leveling than exists in TOR. However, even that is subject to the approach taken by the Loremaster and what is emphasized in the actual campaign. I have been part of AD&D games that have had a very high-fantasy flavor as opposed to the usual hack-and-slash swords and sorcery.
"Far, far below the deepest delvings of the Dwarves, the world is gnawed by nameless things. Even Sauron knows them not. They are older than he."

Mykesfree

Post by Mykesfree » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:06 pm

If you use the Milestone method from the DMG, then you can level your character based on story goals. This puts less pressure to have combats in order to level. My players love this and we have had a great AiMe campaign so far.