Out now in PDF: Adventures in Middle-earth: Eaves of Mirkwood and LM's Screen

The place for discussion of Cubicle 7 and Sophisticated Games' "Adventures in Middle-earth" OGL setting.
PhoenixMCL

Re: Pre-order: Adventures in Middle-earth: Eaves of Mirkwood and LM's Screen

Post by PhoenixMCL » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:25 am

Any chance we could get one of your beautiful pieces of Mirkwood for the LM screen? We already have the Laketown screen.

So much of the published material takes place around Mirkwood...why do we have to look at Laketown all the time? It would be nice to have a Mirkwood landscape and then if I wanted to show Laketown switch out with the One Ring screen doubled up in front.

Jon Hodgson

Post by Jon Hodgson » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:13 pm

Hi, everything is complete, and that decision was taken long ago, so sadly we can't change it now.
Jon Hodgson
Creative Director, Cubicle 7
Like us on Facebook!

Jon Hodgson

Post by Jon Hodgson » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:10 pm

The PDF package is available now!

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/217 ... _id=169435

Notes!
1:
The PDF version comes with several files - Character sheets, the Adventure, Suggested Options for the Warden and Scholar, and we've broken up the LM's screen to be viewable as a series of pages.

Note that we have also included some references on the back of the Eaves adventure supplement, designed to be used with the physical screen. Currently, to match the content of the booklet, those charts are part of the adventure PDF, rather than the Screen/reference PDF.

We may change that in a future update. Either way is slightly confusing, so we'll see how it shakes out in the Wild!

2:
Because PDF screens aren't quite as useful as the lovely heavy-duty physical screen, and because we want to make the adventure easy to pick up and run, we've changed our pricing structure on this one PDF - it costs $9.99.
Jon Hodgson
Like us on Facebook!

Falenthal

Post by Falenthal » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:04 pm

I'm not interested in AiMe at all, but... bought!!

Good job, C7. AiMe might not be my piece of cake, but it's a wonderful cake for the RPG world. Glad it is in your hands.

mogul76

Post by mogul76 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:26 pm

Jon, are you planning to release a TOR version of Eaves of Mirkwood in the future?

Otaku-sempai

Post by Otaku-sempai » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:36 pm

mogul76 wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:26 pm
Jon, are you planning to release a TOR version of Eaves of Mirkwood in the future?
That was asked earlier. Jon indicated that the adventure was designed to specifically highlight the rules for AME and would not translate particularly well to TOR. If you really want to use it in TOR, you might be better off converting it by hand.
"Far, far below the deepest delvings of the Dwarves, the world is gnawed by nameless things. Even Sauron knows them not. They are older than he."

namkcor

Post by namkcor » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:27 am

So I have a question after reading the adventure. There is no map location for Rowanhold. How many hexes away is it from the forest gate?
The adventure itself is easy to read and good descriptions of the characters encountered.
The loremaster's screen is also layed out nicely.
Overall, its quite nice, and in time for me to run it at the store I DM at later this month.

Jon Hodgson

Post by Jon Hodgson » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:00 am

namkcor wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:27 am
So I have a question after reading the adventure. There is no map location for Rowanhold. How many hexes away is it from the forest gate?
The adventure itself is easy to read and good descriptions of the characters encountered.
The loremaster's screen is also layed out nicely.
Overall, its quite nice, and in time for me to run it at the store I DM at later this month.
Hi namkcor! We went back and forth on the inclusion of a specific location for Rowanhold right up until release, and ultimately decided to leave that up to the Loremaster, to give them maximum flexibility in their own campaigns. We could do an unofficial positioning map here on the forums if it helps, but ultimately wherever it most suits your session is the best place.
Jon Hodgson
Like us on Facebook!

Jon Hodgson

Re: Out now in PDF: Adventures in Middle-earth: Eaves of Mirkwood and LM's Screen

Post by Jon Hodgson » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:44 am

A note on the LM's screen. In fact two notes about the LM's Screen:

As we get closer to the release of hard copy we'll be talking more about what's on the LM's Screen. Right now we're refocusing on the adventure, since that's the core part of the initial PDF release. We hope the reference PDF that forms the screen is a useful tool at the table, but we also understand it doesn't quite fill the same niche as a printed screen.

The second thing is a note about the contents of the screen. We play things super-safe with the OGL. Foremost out of respect for our peers and colleagues at Wizards of the Coast. The chance to use 5e is a huge opportunity for us, so we try to work respectfully with it.

We interpret the OGL to mean that unless we print the page of OGL license text on the screen we can't use SRD content on it. So we haven't done so.

It might not be obvious from the PDF adventure, but the back page of the physical version forms an extra "panel" for the screen, with SRD content on it. Because the OGL is printed in that supplement that's cool. And you can keep that back page face up behind the screen as an extra reference.

On the screen itself are Adventures in Middle-earth specific tables, not taken from the SRD.

I realise that's slightly complex. I hope it makes sense, and explains why certain tables are where they are.
Jon Hodgson
Like us on Facebook!

Jon Hodgson

Re: Out now in PDF: Adventures in Middle-earth: Eaves of Mirkwood and LM's Screen

Post by Jon Hodgson » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:15 pm

We just updated the PDF version to include jpeg versions of the battle maps with no text for your convenience.
Thanks!
Jon Hodgson
Like us on Facebook!