Out now in PDF: Adventures in Middle-earth: Eaves of Mirkwood and LM's Screen

The place for discussion of Cubicle 7 and Sophisticated Games' "Adventures in Middle-earth" OGL setting.
Jon Hodgson

Re: Coming Soon for Adventures in Middle-earth: Eaves of Mirkwood and LM's Screen

Post by Jon Hodgson » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:05 pm

Eaves of Mirkwood™ and LoreMaster's Screen is available for pre-order now! All pre-orders at our store come with the PDF version free! http://shop.cubicle7store.com/The-Eaves ... Screen-PDF

The Eaves of Mirkwood and Loremaster's Screen is an invaluable accessory pack for the Loremaster, aimed to introduce players to Adventures in Middle-earth

It contains:
• A beautiful and functional four panel, heavyweight Loremaster’s Screen, featuring an inspiring vista of Lake-town on one side and a collection of handy reference tables to keep your games flowing seamlessly on the other. The PDF version features a handy 4 page PDF of reference tables.
• Eaves of Mirkwood: a 32 page adventure that makes a perfect introduction to Adventures in Middle-earth for new players, or a handy episode to drop into your existing campaign. The Company find themselves setting out from Woodmen-town to travel through the Eaves of Mirkwood towards Lake-town. When the Journey goes awry they must draw swords in aid of a village beleaguered by the dreaded Greymuzzle Hob. Using cut down rules and offering lots of advice, Eaves of Mirkwood is a great starting point for your Adventures in Middle-earth.
• Six pre-generated characters on loose leaf character sheets. (Or in a separate file in the PDF version)
• A sheet of suggested optional rules for the Warden and Scholar classes

What you’ll need to run The Eaves of Mirkwood:
• The 5e rules – these are available free online – or the hard copy player's rules.
• It would be extremely helpful to have access to Adventures in Middle-earth Player’s Guide and Loremaster’s Guide. But Eaves of Mirkwood can be run without them.
• A passing knowledge of Middle-earth. You don’t need to be an expert, nor do the players. If you’ve seen the movies that will serve you well. If you’ve read the books so much the better. The more you know of Middle-earth the more of its special atmosphere you can impart, but you do not need to be an expert

Pre-order at our store and get the PDF for free: http://shop.cubicle7store.com/The-Eaves ... Screen-PDF
Or pre-order at a participating Bits and Mortar retailer and get the PDF for free on release!

(TOR players who are angry/worried/sad at any mention of Adventures in Middle-earth, have no fear. We are working on 2 campaigns and an epic region guide for TOR right now. As we have promised at every turn for almost a year, TOR isn't going away. It just takes longer to create than convert!)
Jon Hodgson
Creative Director, Cubicle 7
Like us on Facebook!

Otaku-sempai

Re: Pre-order: Adventures in Middle-earth: Eaves of Mirkwood and LM's Screen

Post by Otaku-sempai » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:31 pm

Question: Was the rest of Lake-town Sourcebook material (with Men of the Lake appearing in the Player's Guide) adapted into the LM's Guide?
"Far, far below the deepest delvings of the Dwarves, the world is gnawed by nameless things. Even Sauron knows them not. They are older than he."

Jon Hodgson

Post by Jon Hodgson » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:38 pm

Otaku-sempai wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:31 pm
Question: Was the rest of Lake-town Sourcebook material (with Men of the Lake appearing in the Player's Guide) adapted into the LM's Guide?
Yes.
Jon Hodgson
Creative Director, Cubicle 7
Like us on Facebook!

Otaku-sempai

Post by Otaku-sempai » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:52 pm

Jon Hodgson wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:38 pm
Otaku-sempai wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:31 pm
Yes.
Thanks! Good to know, though I'm not anticipating acquiring the AME LMG anytime soon.
"Far, far below the deepest delvings of the Dwarves, the world is gnawed by nameless things. Even Sauron knows them not. They are older than he."

BookBarbarian

Re: Coming Soon for Adventures in Middle-earth: Eaves of Mirkwood and LM's Screen

Post by BookBarbarian » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:21 pm

Jon Hodgson wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:05 pm
:o :o :o

I'm very anxious to see these.

Otaku-sempai

Post by Otaku-sempai » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:50 pm

BookBarbarian wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:21 pm
Jon Hodgson wrote:

Would it surprise you to learn that you and the vanished Baronvonheil were the first folks I thought of when I read this? :lol:

EDIT: Other than the Baron, I should have been thinking of Michebugio and Morgoth! Apologies to BookBarbarian. :oops:
Last edited by Otaku-sempai on Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Glorelendil

Post by Glorelendil » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:58 pm

Otaku-sempai wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:50 pm
BookBarbarian wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:21 pm
Jon Hodgson wrote:

Would it surprise you to learn that you and the vanished Baronvonheil were the first folks I thought of when I read this? :lol:
I wouldn't be surprised if folks in the know were biting their tongues so hard they bled.
The Munchkin Formerly Known as Elfcrusher
Journey Computer | Combat Simulator | Bestiary | Weapon Calculator

BookBarbarian

Post by BookBarbarian » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:01 pm

Otaku-sempai wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:50 pm
:lol: It would! I haven't made any threads about the subject, but I guess I've been outspoken enough on others threads about it.

Poor Baronvonheil. If only he could have been around to see it. ;)

Besides myself I'm wondering what Michebugio and Morgoth will think of it.

Otaku-sempai

Post by Otaku-sempai » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:30 pm

BookBarbarian wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:01 pm
:lol: It would! I haven't made any threads about the subject, but I guess I've been outspoken enough on others threads about it.

Poor Baronvonheil. If only he could have been around to see it. ;)

Besides myself I'm wondering what Michebugio and Morgoth will think of it.
True! I should probably have been thinking more of Michebugio and his Alternate Scholar than yourself. And Morgoth did have strong views on the subject. Maybe the Baron is still lurking.

BookBarbarian

Post by BookBarbarian » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:14 pm

Anyway, I'm always happy to scrap my feeble attempts at homebrew and use something from the publisher.