Favourite Place in Middle-earth

The place for discussion of Cubicle 7 and Sophisticated Games' "Adventures in Middle-earth" OGL setting.
zedturtle

Re: Favourite Place in Middle-earth

Post by zedturtle » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:11 pm

MrUkpyr wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:49 pm
After WotR - take an Ent and go to visit Bombadill and the Old Forest.
I always loved the rain day at Tom's house. Here's an epic quest to save the world, but it's raining really hard today and the house is warm and dry and cozy and, well, we're just not going to get anywhere today!
Jacob Rodgers, occasional nitwit.

This space intentionally blank.

BookBarbarian

Post by BookBarbarian » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:31 pm

zedturtle wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:11 pm
I always loved the rain day at Tom's house. Here's an epic quest to save the world, but it's raining really hard today and the house is warm and dry and cozy and, well, we're just not going to get anywhere today!
Lol. That is a very hobbitlike mentality isn't it.

Though, I think at that point they were just trying to get to out of the Shire to escape Ringwraiths and to Bree to meet Gandalf.

Not many Places would seem to be safer from Ringwraiths than Tom's house.

Hero_of_Canton

Post by Hero_of_Canton » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:51 pm

Assuming Westron = Modern English, if I can speak and read Sindarin my choice has to be Rivendell for its library. If I can't speak and read Sindarin, then it would have to be The Prancing Pony Inn of Bree.

Hero of Canton - "Aw hell! If I wanted learnin' I'd a gone to school!"

Gilrohir Arncelevon

Post by Gilrohir Arncelevon » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:03 pm

For me it would have to be Lindon. It has it all, the sea, forests, rivers, the Blue Mountains and the lasting effect of the elves.....its all that's left of Beleriand. Studded with ancient battlefields (Sarn Athad on the Gelion), dwarven ruins (Nogrod and Belegost) and elven ruins (the remains of the noble estates of Gil Galad's noldor, the ruins of Carathir's fortress and city on the slopes of mount Rerir) and in all likelyhood, remains of Morgoth's delvings in the far north......inhabited by who knows what horrors from the First Age and before. There's even the possibility of some Ents in the forests given their existence at the time of the battle at Sarn Athad. Add to that Forlindon and the Gray Havens as well as the possibility of small dwarven settlements (Thorin's halls, etc) - all close enough to old Arnor and the Shire for plenty of adventure and "cultural interaction".

Rhovanion would be a definite second favourite. :D

farinal

Post by farinal » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:31 pm

Drinking, reading and listening to songs and tales in Rivendell's Hall of Fire all day, every day!
Of Finarfin's children I am the last. But my heart is still proud. What wrong did the golden house of Finarfin do that I should ask the pardon of the Valar, or be content with an isle in the sea whose native land was Aman the Blessed? Here I am mightier.

ThrorII

Post by ThrorII » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:45 am

Rohan, specifically Edoras. As a 1/2 Swede, I think I'd really enjoy Mead-ing it up with a bunch of Viking-horsemen and tall, blonde shield-maidens..... :P

Halbarad

Post by Halbarad » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:57 pm

The Shire, no doubt about it. Safe and cosy as it gets, at least until Sharkey and his ruffians arrive.🍺🍻

The Hierophant

Post by The Hierophant » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:19 am

I live in Moseley in Birmingham so my favourite place has to be here - The Shire.