The PDF of the Rhovanion Region Guide is available now

The place for discussion of Cubicle 7 and Sophisticated Games' "Adventures in Middle-earth" OGL setting.
Jon Hodgson

The PDF of the Rhovanion Region Guide is available now

Post by Jon Hodgson » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:57 pm

The PDF of the Rhovanion Region Guide is available now from DrivethruRPG!
DrivethruRPG: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/214 ... _id=169435

The Rhovanion Region Guide is an invaluable resource for Adventures in Middle-earth further describing the lands of the River and the Forest – the rolling Vales of Anduin and the trackless forest of Mirkwood. It expands on the descriptions given in the core Guides, offering new sanctuaries and new perils for Player-heroes to discover.

Each region is described in detail, listing potential friends and foes, sites of interest and potential adventures.
An expanded bestiary contains a host of strange creatures and servants of the Enemy, from the beasts of the forest to the fabled Great Spiders.

Variant Cultural Backgrounds for the Wayward Elves and Wild Hobbits offer new options for adventurers, and new Fellowship Phase Undertakings being the Wild to life!

Follow the Anduin river down from the chill springs of the Misty Mountains to the southern edge of the Wild! Explore the dread forest of Mirkwood, running from the lonely thickets of the north to the very gates of Dol Guldur! Enter the Heart of the Wild, and defend it against the rising Shadow.

The Rhovanion Region Guide contains setting material and adversaries previously published for The One Ring Roleplaying Game in The Heart of the Wild and The One Ring Roleplaying Game core rules.

Written by Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan and Francesco Nepitello with conversion by Jacob Rodgers.

Cover art by Ralph Horsley.

Pre-order the physical version now and get the PDF free: http://shop.cubicle7store.com/Rhovanion ... -Guide-PDF
Or grab the PDF at DrivethruRPG: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/214 ... _id=169435
Jon Hodgson
Creative Director, Cubicle 7
Like us on Facebook!

Otaku-sempai

Re: The PDF of the Rhovanion Region Guide is available now

Post by Otaku-sempai » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:22 pm

I can't wait to see what AiMe Loremasters and Players make of the Forest Dragon and other adversaries found within.

EDIT: I forgot that, although the Forest Dragon was mentioned in The Heart of the Wild, it was not statted out until the publication of The Darkening of Mirkwood. She probably is not statted out in the Rhovanion Region Guide either.
Last edited by Otaku-sempai on Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Far, far below the deepest delvings of the Dwarves, the world is gnawed by nameless things. Even Sauron knows them not. They are older than he."

Gilrohir Arncelevon

Post by Gilrohir Arncelevon » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:22 pm

I have just downloaded it and skim read through - its awesome. Some new art I don't think we've seen before, the bestiary (of course) with some neat conversions (and marsh dwellers!!) - you don't want to mess with Sarquin, Tauler and Tyulqin!! There is a reference on pg 80 to "The Mirkwood Campaign" which I take to be the AiME version of the Darkening of Mirkwood. There are also some further details at the end of the book (which I hadn't seen before) about the extras (apart from the maps) in "The Road Goes Ever On"

Really great to have this to add to the other three books - gives us more than enough to build the campaign. Thanks so much Cubicle 7 - another great product. We are spoiled!!

Now to sit down and read it carefully.......

:o)

timb

Post by timb » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:41 pm

Downloading and digesting, just like a Mirkwood spider...
"I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass."

Hastati

Post by Hastati » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:30 am

Was a very nice suprise yesterday getting this. On a first, very brief, read through this is really excellent. Look forward to the Mirkwood Campaign bood and the Road Goes Ever On.
When I die I want the Arsenal players to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.

MrUkpyr

Post by MrUkpyr » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:41 pm

It is a thing of beauty!!

NotRussellCrowe

Post by NotRussellCrowe » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:21 pm

Just picked this up and on a brief scroll through the document I have to say that the art is fantastic. Seems like lots of art in this one too!

I also thought for some reason that this was a companion guide to Wilderland Adventures only to read that this is for an upcoming campaign instead.

Looking forward to the future of Adventures in MIddle-earth!

Otaku-sempai

Post by Otaku-sempai » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:51 pm

NotRussellCrowe wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:21 pm
I also thought for some reason that this was a companion guide to Wilderland Adventures only to read that this is for an upcoming campaign instead.
Well, the region guide effectively acts as a companion for both Wilderland Adventures and The Darkening of Mirkwood campaign (whatever the AiMe version will be titled).
"Far, far below the deepest delvings of the Dwarves, the world is gnawed by nameless things. Even Sauron knows them not. They are older than he."

BookBarbarian

Post by BookBarbarian » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:42 pm

Otaku-sempai wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:51 pm
NotRussellCrowe wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:21 pm
Well, the region guide effectively acts as a companion for both Wilderland Adventures and The Darkening of Mirkwood campaign (whatever the AiMe version will be titled).
I am eagerly anticipating that the AiME version of The Darkening of Mirkwood. There is so much there that I could use for a party from levels 1-20 over 30 years.

Caithdein

Post by Caithdein » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:36 pm

Anyone else get the hard copy of this today? Pleasant surprise when the post turned up today!