Horrible Strength in Monster Stat Blocks in WA

The place for discussion of Cubicle 7 and Sophisticated Games' "Adventures in Middle-earth" OGL setting.
Mykesfree

Horrible Strength in Monster Stat Blocks in WA

Post by Mykesfree » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:59 pm

With Wilderland Adventures being released, I have a question about the monsters with Horrible Strength in their stat block. Is Horrible Strength already calculated in, or do you need to add it each time the monster hits?

If it is each time the monster hits, why not just add it into the damage stats since a monster can only do damage on a hit.

Overall I the monster design for AiMe is great. I like the Weak Spot mechanic on our Scaled friend.

zedturtle

Re: Horrible Strength in Monster Stat Blocks in WA

Post by zedturtle » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:11 pm

Mykesfree wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:59 pm
With Wilderland Adventures being released, I have a question about the monsters with Horrible Strength in their stat block. Is Horrible Strength already calculated in, or do you need to add it each time the monster hits?

If it is each time the monster hits, why not just add it into the damage stats since a monster can only do damage on a hit.

Overall I the monster design for AiMe is great. I like the Weak Spot mechanic on our Scaled friend.
Horrible Strength requires the use of the creature's bonus action. Some creatures (e.g. Ghor, who can either use Leadership or Horrible Strength as a bonus action but only one per turn) have other things they can do with their bonus action so it's not already factored in.
Jacob Rodgers, occasional nitwit.

This space intentionally blank.

Mykesfree

Re: Horrible Strength in Monster Stat Blocks in WA

Post by Mykesfree » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:38 pm

Wow. I can't believe I totally missed the bonus action part. I didn't have my coffee yet.

Can I delete this thread? :oops: