The Road Goes Ever On

The place for discussion of Cubicle 7 and Sophisticated Games' "Adventures in Middle-earth" OGL setting.
M Luwin

Re: The Road Goes Ever On

Post by M Luwin » Sat May 06, 2017 3:21 am

The Hierophant wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:03 am
When will this be up for pre-order?
I'm curious too! Cheers

M Luwin

Post by M Luwin » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:56 pm

Any news on this? Cheers

MrUkpyr

Post by MrUkpyr » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:47 pm

Is there an ETA on when this will be available for pre-order?

timb

Post by timb » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:52 am

Guys, just a polite little heads-up on how things work (well) between us (the customers) and C7 when it comes to products not yet available. C7 never give a date to wait for with pre-orders in advance. I've been here since 2013, from before TOR was released. It's not something they do, so you can ask till you are blue in the face for a release date, they won't give it (when asked for it - thought I best add this, because sometimes Jon or Dom may post something in advance), no matter how many times you ask. When a product is ready for us to buy, it goes up straight away. There may be previews, but never a release day.

However, they do tend to give out an estimated date to various retail businesses, Game Trade Magazine for instance will have an expected date in their magazine for products (I posted the one recently). Those dates are nearly always wrong.

Just don't want you to keep trying, get disheartened because you think there is an issue with communication, there isn't. It's not something they will give you, no matter how many posters add "When is this out?" to this thread ;)
"I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass."

Enevhar Aldarion

Post by Enevhar Aldarion » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:49 am

timb wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:52 am
Guys, just a polite little heads-up on how things work (well) between us (the customers) and C7 when it comes to products not yet available. C7 never give a date to wait for with pre-orders in advance. I've been here since 2013, from before TOR was released. It's not something they do, so you can ask till you are blue in the face for a release date, they won't give it (when asked for it - thought I best add this, because sometimes Jon or Dom may post something in advance), no matter how many times you ask. When a product is ready for us to buy, it goes up straight away. There may be previews, but never a release day.

However, they do tend to give out an estimated date to various retail businesses, Game Trade Magazine for instance will have an expected date in their magazine for products (I posted the one recently). Those dates are nearly always wrong.

Just don't want you to keep trying, get disheartened because you think there is an issue with communication, there isn't. It's not something they will give you, no matter how many posters add "When is this out?" to this thread ;)
I think people are wondering, and maybe getting a bit anxious, because this was announced months before the Rhovanion Guide, yet the guide has a pre-order and an estimated release date, and this does not yet.

Oh, and that Sept release date for the Rhovanion Guide that was leaked and posted about in that other thread is looking fairly accurate. Other online game retailers have listed this book for a Sept release as well, so that may be correct as well, or it could be way off.

Jon Hodgson

Post by Jon Hodgson » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:53 am

Hi!
There's no change in status from The Road Goes Ever On. It's still anticipated as a 2017 release.

Being able to release Rhovanion Region Guide when we did (or rather when we will, next week) was a lovely surprise. It's a wholly positive thing. Please don't assume that casts a shadow onto any other supplement. It doesn't.
Jon Hodgson
Creative Director, Cubicle 7
Like us on Facebook!

MrUkpyr

Post by MrUkpyr » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:50 pm

Thanks to timb, Enevhar Aldarion, and of course to Jon H for the answers.

And *yes*, the trigger for my asking was that Rhovanion Region Guide had a pre-order before The Road Goes Ever On did.