Maps wanted: Dale & Esgaroth area

The place for discussion of Cubicle 7 and Sophisticated Games' "Adventures in Middle-earth" OGL setting.
AkaKageWarrior

Maps wanted: Dale & Esgaroth area

Post by AkaKageWarrior » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:16 pm

Hi folks,

I have googled for some time now, checked all the books (Player's & LMG),
but I couldn't find any maps for the areas around Dale and Lake Town.
Can anybody help me out?

I'm disappointed that on the one hand all AiME is made up around Bard's
call to adventurers, but then there is not much about Dale to be found.
The map of Esgaroth is nice - but why not also Dale, and one area map with
Erebor, Dale and Esgaroth?

Hermes Serpent

Re: Maps wanted: Dale & Esgaroth area

Post by Hermes Serpent » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:40 pm

I believe it's in the Erebor book which has yet ot come out for AiME
Some TOR Information on my G+ Drive.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing
"The One Ring's not a computer game, dictated by stats and inflexible rules, it's a story telling game." - Clawless Dragon

atgxtg

Post by atgxtg » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:30 pm

You could try a map from another source to tide you over until something official comes out. One of the nice things about gaming in Middle Earth is that there are several such maps, both from previous RPGs and from non-RPG Middle Earth books (the Atlas of Middle Earth, for example). Since such maps are of the same locations and based on the same sources, they will all be very similar. Certainly close enough that you could borrow one, and pretty much seamlessly switch over to something official when it comes out.

If you are willing to pop over to C7's "sister forum" for The One Rig, you could find this thread:viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1834, which pretty much goes over the same ground and has a map.

Cleggster

Post by Cleggster » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:48 am

If you are looking for the, as you say, "area around" Laketown and Dale. Then the Journeys and Maps book for TOR has complete maps for that and the rest of Middle Earth. And the Loremaster maps are fully compatible with AiME. The booklet is less so, though most of it is regional Hazards that you certainly could use for ideas.

If you want a map of the city of Dale, that is in Erebor with, as stated, not out for AiME yet.

Otaku-sempai

Post by Otaku-sempai » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:26 am

Cleggster wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:48 am
If you are looking for the, as you say, "area around" Laketown and Dale. Then the Journeys and Maps book for TOR has complete maps for that and the rest of Middle Earth. And the Loremaster maps are fully compatible with AiME. The booklet is less so, though most of it is regional Hazards that you certainly could use for ideas.
It sounds like he wants a map with more detail, not essentially the same one that appears in the Player's Guide. This may not have the desired level of detail, but here is a map from the site Encyclopedia of Arda:

I will second the recommendation of finding a copy of Karen Wynn Fonstad's The Atlas of Middle-earth.

AkaKageWarrior

Post by AkaKageWarrior » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:17 am

The Atlas of Middle-earth
Good idea, thanks!
A friend of mine has that one, next thing I'll borrow from him.

Otaku-sempai

Post by Otaku-sempai » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:29 am

AkaKageWarrior wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:17 am
The Atlas of Middle-earth
Good idea, thanks!
A friend of mine has that one, next thing I'll borrow from him.
Good call! The revised edition incorporates material gleaned from The History of Middle-earth including Tolkien's sketches of Arda from volume four, The Shaping of Middle-earth. That does mean that Fonstad moves the Dwarf-city of Belgost much further south than it is in The Silmarllion (where it is about 21 miles north of Nogrod); however, those cities were drowned and ruined at the end of the First Age.