Swashbucklers in AiME.

The place for discussion of Cubicle 7 and Sophisticated Games' "Adventures in Middle-earth" OGL setting.
The Hierophant

Re: Swashbucklers in AiME.

Post by The Hierophant » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:08 am

NozzDogg47 wrote:
BookBarbarian wrote:So if you're not setting the campaign in Middle Earth, is you're question more along the lines of "Is swashbuckler going to overshadow the existing Treasure Hunter subclasses?
Basically. I'm likely going to drop or heavily modify Burglar as a subclass, since the players are all meant to be knights and although treasure is a huge motivator, it doesn't necessarily fit in with the style of campaign I'm running. I'm fine with non-combat focused archetypes and I think they're real strengths of AiME, but swashbucklers are really, really good. However, maybe having one more combat focused option isn't so much of a problem.

There is the other concern that Swashbuckler rogues could overshadow other classes as well. I'm using Morgoth's modified scholar, so that's less of an issue, but it's still best to check.
What's that?

NozzDogg47

Post by NozzDogg47 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:03 am

The Hierophant wrote:What's that?
Morgoth, one of the users on the forums, wasn't happy with the scholar, so they modified it a bit. Not in big ways really, but he made scholars less of a lodestone in combat, by allowing them to add their Int to AC while unarmoured and damage, stuff like that. He also depowered other features a bit to balance things out.

If you want to check it out you could probably contact Morgoth. They sent me the rules, but I don't know whether I'd be breaking any forum rules by posting them, since they included most of the original rules so you could see the differences.

Morgoth

Post by Morgoth » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:37 am

Whoops. Didn't notice this until now. But yeah, if anyone has any questions feel free to PM me.
I smashed down the light and dared Valinor
I smashed down the light, revenge will be mine