Combining TOR and AiME

The place for discussion of Cubicle 7 and Sophisticated Games' "Adventures in Middle-earth" OGL setting.
Southron Loremaster

Combining TOR and AiME

Post by Southron Loremaster » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:03 pm

Curious if others are combining aspects of one game with the other.

I was thinking of using the culture endurance of TOR and adding the CON modifier and the full HD to get static HP to avoid HP creep which is the major thing I don't like about D&D. So a Barding scholar with 16 CON would have 32 HP.

Glorelendil

Re: Combining TOR and AiME

Post by Glorelendil » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:28 pm

Southron Loremaster wrote:Curious if others are combining aspects of one game with the other.

I was thinking of using the culture endurance of TOR and adding the CON modifier and the full HD to get static HP to avoid HP creep which is the major thing I don't like about D&D. So a Barding scholar with 16 CON would have 32 HP.
With it never increasing?

If you're planning on staying low level that might work, but at higher CR's 32 damage is nothing.
The Munchkin Formerly Known as Elfcrusher
Journey Computer | Combat Simulator | Bestiary | Weapon Calculator

Southron Loremaster

Post by Southron Loremaster » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:35 am

Glorelendil wrote:
Southron Loremaster wrote: If you're planning on staying low level that might work, but at higher CR's 32 damage is nothing.
After a little research, it seems that 5e damage is higher than earlier versions. So, maybe an option would be at 1st level HP equal CON+ maximum class HD. Then after 1st use the standard options.

Southron Loremaster

Post by Southron Loremaster » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:03 am

Duh, to stop HP creep I can just port the Endurance points in TOR to Aime for both PC's and NPC's.