Loremaster's Guide [Cover... and a little news]

The place for discussion of Cubicle 7 and Sophisticated Games' "Adventures in Middle-earth" OGL setting.
Brandiwise

Re: Loremaster's Guide [Cover... and a little news]

Post by Brandiwise » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:42 pm

Jon Hodgson wrote:
Brandiwise wrote:A bit confused about Exhaustion and was hoping the LMG would clarify.

Is a Corruption check an ability check? Or is it a Wisdom save (with any bonuses for characters with Shadow defence type skills such as the Dunedain Cultural Virtue)? One level of Exhaustion would then automatically give you disadvantage almost certainly giving Shadow points. Is that intended? It's like you are being doubly punished by the Exhaustion rules?
Most of the time it's a Wisdom saving throw, so unaffected by 1 level of exhaustion.

When you get 3 levels of exhaustion, then saving throws are also affected.
Much appreciated, thanks.
"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door," he used to say. "You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to."

Evinthal

Post by Evinthal » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:55 pm

skywalker wrote: There continues to be some odd loose ends though. For example, multiclassing gives the pre-requisites but not the additional information regarding proficiencies or class features, making it still something the LM will need to determine.
Yeah, out of everything this little missing bit bothered me the most. I really hope we can get a clarification about what exactly each class gives you for multiclassing into it.

zedturtle

Post by zedturtle » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:23 pm

Check the latest version of the Loremaster's Guide for a little more guidance. And I think it's a safe bet to say that if something isn't called out explicitly then it's the same as the core rules.
Jacob Rodgers, occasional nitwit.

This space intentionally blank.

BookBarbarian

Post by BookBarbarian » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:42 pm

zedturtle wrote:Check the latest version of the Loremaster's Guide for a little more guidance. And I think it's a safe bet to say that if something isn't called out explicitly then it's the same as the core rules.
But when the core rules and the LMG don't let us know what weapon, armor, and skill proficiences are granted for multiclassing into a class, those who plan to use multiclassing will need more clarification. Don't you think?

Or I guess they could just wing it?

zedturtle

Post by zedturtle » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:39 pm

Sorry for the confusion... a revised version of the Loremaster's Guide was released earlier this week. Heroes who multiclass into a new class get their pick of two proficiencies from the new class (see page 53). Those could be weapon, armour, skill or even tool proficiencies.

As for the other part of the question, the core rules should be your guiding light.
Jacob Rodgers, occasional nitwit.

This space intentionally blank.

Evinthal

Post by Evinthal » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:44 am

zedturtle wrote:Sorry for the confusion... a revised version of the Loremaster's Guide was released earlier this week. Heroes who multiclass into a new class get their pick of two proficiencies from the new class (see page 53). Those could be weapon, armour, skill or even tool proficiencies.

As for the other part of the question, the core rules should be your guiding light.
Very nice! Thank you so much for that!

BookBarbarian

Post by BookBarbarian » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:53 am

So if I multiclass form Scholar to Warrior I can choose Martial weapons and Heavy Armour? Even though I wouldn't have Medium Armour Proficiency?

That is... interesting.

ThrorII

Post by ThrorII » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:58 pm

Technically, a warrior has "all armour" as his proficiency, just as they have "Simple and Martial weapons" as a proficiency. A scholar multi-classing as a warrior would not just gain proficiency in one martial weapon, but all of them.

BookBarbarian

Post by BookBarbarian » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:25 pm

ThrorII wrote:Technically, a warrior has "all armour" as his proficiency, just as they have "Simple and Martial weapons" as a proficiency. A scholar multi-classing as a warrior would not just gain proficiency in one martial weapon, but all of them.
I guess that is true, though it certainly is a different from how core 5e handled proficiencies and multiclassing.

BookBarbarian

Post by BookBarbarian » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:55 pm

So from the Warrior proficiencies, "Simple and Martial" weapons is one proficiency, "All armour" is another, "Shields" is a third, and each Skill proficiency is one. So the Scholar turned Warrior would pick two from the above list?