Zed's Interactive Character Sheet

The place for discussion of Cubicle 7 and Sophisticated Games' "Adventures in Middle-earth" OGL setting.
zedturtle

Zed's Interactive Character Sheet

Post by zedturtle » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:44 pm

Okay, I think I've got the tweaks done that were suggested in the form-fillable character sheet thread. I went ahead and started a new thread, to consolidate options and to make any necessary feedback a bit cleaner.

The following is an interactive character sheet for AME. It's not just form-fillable, but in a full-featured PDF program it will also automatically calculate attribute modifiers and skill bonuses. It will even account for Proficiency bonuses (and there's an easter egg for situations where double proficiency is needed). It will even make a character Miserable when appropriate.

It has both pages to it. About the only thing I couldn't make work using the built-in PDF features was a way to drop pictures into the appropriate areas.

Here's the AME Interactive Character Sheet, Full Colour

And here's the black-and-white printer friendly version: AME Interactive Character Sheet, Printer-friendly

Let me know what you think, and especially if anything needs to change!
Jacob Rodgers, occasional nitwit.

This space intentionally blank.

Ryche

Re: Zed's Interactive Character Sheet

Post by Ryche » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:03 am

zedturtle wrote:It has both pages to it. About the only thing I couldn't make work using the built-in PDF features was a way to drop pictures into the appropriate areas.
Nice sheet. As for the image, you might make the image field a button, then add some JavaScript that when the button is selected it updates the button icon.

MasterSmithwise

Post by MasterSmithwise » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:32 am

Thank you for making one that doesn't suck... like mine. :D
[Outdated] Exhaustive Undertakings List: https://goo.gl/wYP84K

daddystabz

Post by daddystabz » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:50 am

I'm pretty sure this is the sheet I used earlier today during our online group's character creation and it kept miscalculating my Passive Perception, giving me a +31 bonus, which I typically wouldn't mind. LOL :lol:

Could it be related to how skills are listed where it shows the ability bonus for the skill + Proficiency, where applicable? For ex:

Stealth +4+2

zedturtle

Post by zedturtle » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:09 am

Can you confirm that it was this sheet by downloading it and recreating the character? That doesn't sound right at all... if it was my sheet then can you let me know what viewer you were using as well?

zedturtle

Post by zedturtle » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:32 pm

Okay, what I did was I downloaded your sheet and opened it in Adobe Acrobat. It did look wrong, with the 'double' numbers in many fields. I then clicked Inspiration, which causes a Calculate event across the whole sheet. Everything turned correct, so it seems like it has to do with your viewing program.

I went ahead and corrected some other issues, where it wasn't calculating Passive Perception correctly if you had Proficiency in it, and tweaked a couple of the text fields. So here's what it looks like now:

Adanborn, Corrected.

BUT... I went ahead and did something for the Passive Perception script (explicitly cast it as a Number, for those who care). Again, if you let me know what program you're using, I can do some further testing.

In any case, thank you very much for letting me know... we will get it fixed!

Code: Select all

I think, no matter what, I will go ahead and have it explicitly cast everything as a Number, since I'm hoping that will fix everything, and it will actually add the numbers and not try concatenate them as strings. That's going to take a little while, though.

daddystabz

Post by daddystabz » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:54 pm

Thanks! I used Foxit Reader.

Am I able to download a version that is corrected or are you still working on it?

Thanks again!

zedturtle

Post by zedturtle » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:19 am

You can download the Aranborn Corrected file in the previous post. But I'd be careful with updating numbers. I'm still working on the new version.

zedturtle

Post by zedturtle » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:53 am

EVERYBODY: Alright, it looks like the Mac version of Foxit Reader doesn't do forms, so testing is a bit hard right now... the full colour version of the sheet has been updated so that the issue should be fixed. If y'all have Foxit Reader (or another program), could you try it out and see if DS's issue has been fixed?

Thanks!