Treasure points to phat lewts?

The place for discussion of Cubicle 7 and Sophisticated Games' "Adventures in Middle-earth" OGL setting.

Re: Treasure points to phat lewts?

Post by MasterSmithwise » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:23 pm

CapnZapp wrote:I'm sure you already know this, but general D&D adventurers amass wealth ranging in the tens of thousands of gold pieces at mid- to high level.

So while a 1:1 ratio might work for converting TOR adventures into D&D, it most definitely doesn't work in the other direction...
This was my primary issue with just using the tables straight out of the DMG. I want my players to truly appreciate their standard of living and income. Earning 2g each for their first adventure that will take them about a month in game is really awesome for them, since for half the party it's almost a years wages! They scoffed until I pointed that out and then suddenly went, "Oh dang, we're in!"

At this point we're just running converted TOR adventures and I don't dare touch my DMG for any of it. The more i read and play the more incompatible that book begins to feel, and then the more eager I am to get the LMG. Ughh. Neeeed!
[Outdated] Exhaustive Undertakings List:

Re: Treasure points to phat lewts?

Post by Otaku-sempai » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:19 am

MasterSmithwise wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:54 am
How much would a treasure point in TOR be worth in cold hard cash in 5e?
The 1:1 ratio works for converting TOR Treasure to AiMe, but not to D&D itself.

In D&D 5e: 1 gp = 10 sp

In TOR/AiMe: 1 Treasure = 1g = 20s

Converting from TOR/AiMe to D&D 5e: 1s = 1 gp

So, 1 Treasure = 1g in TOR/AiMe = 10 gp in D&D 5e.
"Far, far below the deepest delvings of the Dwarves, the world is gnawed by nameless things. Even Sauron knows them not. They are older than he."