Typos

The place for discussion of Cubicle 7 and Sophisticated Games' "Adventures in Middle-earth" OGL setting.
Majestic

Typos

Post by Majestic » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:13 pm

I know a couple (or one, depending on your POV) of the proofers for this and many other projects, and I know it's impossible to catch everything.

And part of the reasons for issuing the PDF, I'm sure, is to clean-up some of the minor typos that inevitably slip through.

Perhaps this thread can compile them all.

Up first, in the Foreward, on p. 6, it says:

Fortunately, the Open Gaming License give us the perfect way...

It should be "gives".
Adventure Summaries of our campaign, currently playing through The Darkening of Mirkwood

MasterSmithwise

Re: Typos

Post by MasterSmithwise » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:45 pm

Ah man, I wish I had thought to note where I saw stuff. I have seen a couple awkward sentences and there missing trailing S or D. Now I don't remember where I've seen this as I've basically read the entire PH. D:
[Outdated] Exhaustive Undertakings List: https://goo.gl/wYP84K

bbarlow

Post by bbarlow » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:20 pm

from another post:

Page 165, left column, 2nd paragraph, 1st sentence: appears to be missing "on" between "based" and "its".
Page 166, left column, 5th paragraph: the sentence appears incomplete, as if missing some rules...

skywalker

Post by skywalker » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:25 pm

Not really a typo, but the reaction table on page 195 has some really odd wording.

It seems to suggest that when you request something, you roll and use the die result to determine the reaction. However, the table lists DCs, which aren't the same as the die result.

Also, a die result of 0 is highly unlikely. Is it possible that the die results were meant to be 5, 10, 15 or 5, 10, 20?
"There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something. You certainly usually find something if you look, but it is not always quite the something you were after." - Thorin Oakenshield

Majestic

Post by Majestic » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:33 pm

P. 27, under Fellowship Phase

"...or establishing allies with powerful patrons"

doesn't sound right. Perhaps:

"establishing powerful patrons as allies"
Adventure Summaries of our campaign, currently playing through The Darkening of Mirkwood

Majestic

Post by Majestic » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:37 pm

P. 29, the following sentence is awkward:

We have become peoples so divided that I have never dared hoped to hear tell of such diverse peoples in Dale.

Perhaps "never dared hope"?

MasterSmithwise

Post by MasterSmithwise » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:55 pm

skywalker wrote:Not really a typo, but the reaction table on page 195 has some really odd wording.

It seems to suggest that when you request something, you roll and use the die result to determine the reaction. However, the table lists DCs, which aren't the same as the die result.

Also, a die result of 0 is highly unlikely. Is it possible that the die results were meant to be 5, 10, 15 or 5, 10, 20?
If you have a negative ability score you could roll a zero. I think core rules state you can't ever get less than 1 though, so maybe they actually mean 1, 5, 10, etc. lol.
[Outdated] Exhaustive Undertakings List: https://goo.gl/wYP84K

skywalker

Post by skywalker » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:08 pm

MasterSmithwise wrote:If you have a negative ability score you could roll a zero. I think core rules state you can't ever get less than 1 though, so maybe they actually mean 1, 5, 10, etc. lol.
That is true, but the negative reaction on the table is often not all that bad. It seems to mirror the results in TOR where 0 successes before tolerance were still a partial success. As such, the DC0 result seems like it should be a check result of 5 or so.

And again, even leaving that aside, the terminology is not correct. It is the check result, not a DC.
"There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something. You certainly usually find something if you look, but it is not always quite the something you were after." - Thorin Oakenshield

skywalker

Post by skywalker » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:29 pm

Style Focus: Great Weapon Fighting on page 95 seems very overpowered. Automatic advantage on all attack rolls is something that is generally not achievable in 5e.

Collin

Post by Collin » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:09 pm

Not exactly a typo, but the stat blocks for the servant on page 111 and esquire on page 114 list their alignment as lawful neutral. No alignment in AME.