Typos

The place for discussion of Cubicle 7 and Sophisticated Games' "Adventures in Middle-earth" OGL setting.
Majestic

Re: Typos

Post by Majestic » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:34 am

[Grammar] p. 183

Under Bouts of Madness

The word "the" is left out of the following:

"...rolls equal or less than difference between their Shadow point total..."

It should say:

"...rolls equal or less than the difference between their Shadow point total..."

There should also be a comma after "Shadow" in the following:

"If they gain another point of Shadow then the bout is triggered on a roll of 1 – 6, and so on."

so that it reads:

"If they gain another point of Shadow, then the bout is triggered on a roll of 1 – 6, and so on."
Adventure Summaries of our campaign, currently playing through The Darkening of Mirkwood

Otaku-sempai

Post by Otaku-sempai » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:54 am

Majestic wrote:There should also be a comma after "Shadow" in the following:

"If they gain another point of Shadow then the bout is triggered on a roll of 1 – 6, and so on."

so that it reads:

"If they gain another point of Shadow, then the bout is triggered on a roll of 1 – 6, and so on."
Incorrect. The comma would only be needed if the word 'then' was not in the sentence. Otherwise a comma would be redundant.
DR. MANHATTAN: I'm leaving this galaxy for one less complicated.
OZYMANDIAS: But you'd regained interest in human life...
DR. MANHATTAN: Yes, I have. I think perhaps I'll create some. Goodbye, Adrian.

Majestic

Post by Majestic » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:36 pm

[Grammar] p. 184

A word is missing, perhaps "that"?, so:

"...either on the reason required the roll that triggered the crisis..."

would change to:

"...either on the reason that required the roll that triggered the crisis..."
Adventure Summaries of our campaign, currently playing through The Darkening of Mirkwood

Majestic

Post by Majestic » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:04 pm

[Grammar] p. 187

under 'Tyrannical'

The last sentence is "Any dissenting opinion is considered tro be utter betrayal.

The word "tro" should be changed to "to".

Majestic

Post by Majestic » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:49 pm

[Grammar] p. 195

At the top of the page, in the example, where it says "...the unfortunate Woodman fails his Intelligence (traditions)check..."

the word "traditions" should be capitalized, so that it reads:

At the top of the page, in the example, where it says "...the unfortunate Woodman fails his Intelligence (Traditions)check..."

Jon Hodgson

Post by Jon Hodgson » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:36 am

Thanks for everyone's efforts here! Greatly appreciated!

I think we're done now, so I'll stick a fork in the thread. Thanks again!
Jon Hodgson
Creative Director, Cubicle 7
Like us on Facebook!

Majestic

Post by Majestic » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:07 pm

If it's possible to sneak one last one through, Jon, here's a teensy-tiny last one:

[Typo] p. 195

In the middle of the table, under 'NEUTREAL ATTITUDE REACTION', the period after "help" should be removed:

The NPC offers no help., but does no harm.

Hopefully these little corrections (all pretty minor, really) will help make a more polished final book for any reprints.

Otaku-sempai

Post by Otaku-sempai » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:45 pm

Majestic wrote:If it's possible to sneak one last one through, Jon, here's a teensy-tiny last one:

[Typo] p. 195

In the middle of the table, under 'NEUTREAL ATTITUDE REACTION', the period after "help" should be removed:

The NPC offers no help., but does no harm.

Hopefully these little corrections (all pretty minor, really) will help make a more polished final book for any reprints.
DId you miss the misspelling of 'NEUTRAL,' Majestic? Or was that just you?
DR. MANHATTAN: I'm leaving this galaxy for one less complicated.
OZYMANDIAS: But you'd regained interest in human life...
DR. MANHATTAN: Yes, I have. I think perhaps I'll create some. Goodbye, Adrian.

Majestic

Post by Majestic » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:14 pm

That was me just typing too fast, I'm afraid. :oops:

knightwhite

Post by knightwhite » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:56 am

Jon Hodgson, please permit us to continue posting typos in this thread. It is my hope that Cubicle 7 will find ongoing success and longevity with this OGL 5E line of products that will result in successive printings over the years. It is also my hope that Cubicle 7 will continue to offer PDF versions of future publications in advance of the printings of the future products to be released. Allow us to continue to help you to correct future printings and even first printings if we are allowed to purchase advance copies of PDF files.

I would like to refer back to a typo initially brought up on page 17 of this thread by Morgoth in reference to inconsistency with the shield proficiency of the Warden class.

On pg 62, Warden does not have proficiency with shields.
On pg 86, Warden is proficient with shields.
On pg 90, Herald (the Warden subclass) gains proficiency with shields at 3rd level.

If it is decided that the Warden does not initially begin with proficiency with shields, then this would also affect the starting equipment for the martial, prosperous, and rich standards of living in the first paragraph of the first column on page 87. The Warden's starting equipment for the martial and prosperous standards of living includes a shield, and the rich standard of living includes a shield or a great shield.

Pages 62 and 90 indicate that the Warden DOES NOT initially have proficiency with shields, but pages 86 and 87 indicate that the Warden DOES initially have proficiency with shields.