Where are the rules for Status/Reputation

The place for discussion of Cubicle 7 and Sophisticated Games' "Adventures in Middle-earth" OGL setting.
HamsterofIthlien

Re: Where are the rules for Status/Reputation

Post by HamsterofIthlien » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:31 am

If using the 5e faction renown system, then things are a bit tricky for the AiME environment... or at least I would think so (could be wrong). The faction system requires you to accomplish certain quests and missions in such a way that is beneficial for your faction... often meeting agents and authorities from your faction. Then, going up in ranks has to do, also, with responsibility to the organization.

Most of the time, in AiME (at least so far in my experience), the players aren't preferring to spend most of their time with a specific culture. My group has a primary patron. But there are other more natural ways to roleplay that they have some level of status with King Bard... Titles, Holdings, Gifts, etc.

MrUkpyr

Post by MrUkpyr » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:36 pm

Keridwyn44 wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:22 am
I think it's Renown you are speaking of. As far as I can remember, that's an import from a different 5E product. Anyone else know?
YES !!!

Always helps when one asks using the right words (grins).
MrUkpyr
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

MrUkpyr

Post by MrUkpyr » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:39 pm

ThrorII wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:05 am
Yeah, Renown is a 5e D&D concept. But I think it fits AiMe well.

I'd suggest that each culture is a Faction (Bardings, Dwarves of the Lonely Mountain, etc.) and doing a 'job' for a Patron counts as +2 Renown, while doing something that generally benefits the culture/faction is a +1 to Renown.

I'd suggest that each character start with +2 in its home faction/culture. and for every 5 points of Renown, the character receives a +1 bonus to Audience rolls (topping out at +4 at Renown: 20)
THIS is what I was talking about.

But I recall seeing Renown rules somewhere in the PG or LM, but I cannot recall where. Or again, it was mentioned in the MIrkwood Campaign. but I cannot remember where I saw it.
MrUkpyr
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."