The place for discussion of Cubicle 7 and Sophisticated Games' "Adventures in Middle-earth" OGL setting.

Re: Errata

Post by Loyalbull » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:55 am

Enevhar Aldarion wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:23 pm
Otaku-sempai wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:10 pm
Scarytincan wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:05 am
The loremasters guide has an errata section
I've been hoping for a (free, dare I hope?) Errata PDF for those of us who purchased the Player's Guide but do not possess the Loremaster's Guide.
Same here. I am not sure I remember any company not making errata available for free, at least not since the internet became a thing.

Also, aren't all the PDF files automatically updated with errata and corrections so that you just have to re-download the PDF to get the current version of the rules?
Yes, I have a corrected pdf, but this means during play I have to use the pdf and not my hard copy (so why buy it) or check every page in advance, which is too much work.

Jon Hodgson

Post by Jon Hodgson » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:43 am

Here we go - this is the published Errata and clarifications for the Adventures in Middle-earth Player's Guide. There were numerous updates to the Player's Guide outwith these known issues, but are almost entirely typographical in nature. ... Errata.pdf
Jon Hodgson
Creative Director, Cubicle 7
Like us on Facebook!

Post by Loyalbull » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:18 pm

Thanks for this.

Post by Otaku-sempai » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:41 pm

I've got it! Thanks, Jon. 8-)

Perhaps that should be 60c for one week's rations. I remember the price of rations coming up before. I'll point out that even 60c is equal to 5 silver pennies (5s) which is still absurdly steep for a single day's worth of dried rations. 5 sp is the price for 1 day of rations in the SRD-OGL document for D&D 5e. A price of 6c for 1 day of rations would be more in keeping with the economics of Middle-earth (1 gp = 1s, making 0.5 gp or 5 sp = 0.5s or 6c). Are you certain that part of the original error wasn't accidentally multiplying the value in copper pieces x10? 5s would purchase 2 live pigs and a sheep in Lake-town.

Effectively, 60c (5s) inflates the price to the equivalent of 5 gp in D&D 5e -- x10 the original value.
"Far, far below the deepest delvings of the Dwarves, the world is gnawed by nameless things. Even Sauron knows them not. They are older than he."