Sponsored AME campaign on Twitch

The place for discussion of Cubicle 7 and Sophisticated Games' "Adventures in Middle-earth" OGL setting.
Arvan Eleron

Sponsored AME campaign on Twitch

Post by Arvan Eleron » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:35 pm

Hi all,

I've been swamped with work, but wanted to swing by here and let you know that I've been running a regular AME campaign (Wilderland Adventures) on my Twitch channel since last year, and we're fortunate enough to be sponsored by Cubicle 7. Our four players, including a professional voice actor, professional cartoonist, professional D&D streamer and professional speculative fiction author play twice a month with me (also a professional SFF author, and a college professor teaching courses in fantasy fiction and Tolkien), and we've been having a blast. We just finished our second session of the month, almost halfway through W.A., and if you're interested you're more than welcome to check out either the live sessions or the VODs--I've included links below. We're grateful to Jon and the Cubicle 7 folks for their support, and proud of the campaign--in a really amazing system. Please stop by if you can! :)

--Arvan Eleron
https://www.twitch.tv/arvaneleron
https://www.youtube.com/user/ArvanEleron

Quillogist

Re: Sponsored AME campaign on Twitch

Post by Quillogist » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:01 am

Arv,

I've been enjoying your campaign via your You Tube posting of your games. Really great characterization and role playing. Your players are very interesting in and out of the game :D

Everyone else,

I strongly recommend watching Arv's game if you like actual plays, or if you just want to see how AiME looks in action before you run it / play in it. Arv builds fantastic descriptions of Middle Earth, and I enjoyed the song he had the Goblins sing to torment their poor hobbit prisoner / chef. Good humor, while still keeping to the more serious tone I like for a Middle Earth game.

Quillogist

Varon

Post by Varon » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:51 pm

That’s super cool. I will definitely take a look.
Company of the Seven Stars: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=10326

Arvan Eleron

Post by Arvan Eleron » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:54 pm

Quillogist wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:01 am
Arv,

I've been enjoying your campaign via your You Tube posting of your games. Really great characterization and role playing. Your players are very interesting in and out of the game :D

Everyone else,

I strongly recommend watching Arv's game if you like actual plays, or if you just want to see how AiME looks in action before you run it / play in it. Arv builds fantastic descriptions of Middle Earth, and I enjoyed the song he had the Goblins sing to torment their poor hobbit prisoner / chef. Good humor, while still keeping to the more serious tone I like for a Middle Earth game.

Quillogist
Aw, thanks, Quillogist! I really appreciate the kind words, and I'll pass them along to my players. If you ever stop in when we're live, make sure to introduce yourself! :)

--Arv

Majestic

Post by Majestic » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:20 pm

I watched a few minutes on YouTube. Looks like a very fun game! :)
Adventure Summaries of our campaign, currently playing through The Darkening of Mirkwood

BookBarbarian

Post by BookBarbarian » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:15 pm

I'll be following for sure.

Arvan Eleron

Post by Arvan Eleron » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:12 am

Thanks, Varon, Majestic, and BookBarbarian!

--Arv

mats77

Post by mats77 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:42 am

Arvan Eleron: I am following your campaign via YouTube. Very enjoyable! I love it! :) It has been a great inspiration to me, as I am about to get started with my own LM'ing of the Wilderland Adventures soon.

Geomtje

Post by Geomtje » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:38 am

I have watched a couple of minutes and it looks like a lot of fun!
I can't keep watching it though, because I intend on playing Tales From Wildland, which I believe are the same...
J.J.R. Tolkien wrote:...so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.

Kenomica

Post by Kenomica » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:21 pm

I just finished watching 'Day 8 of AME: Wilderland Adventures--Episode 2: Of Leaves and Stewed Hobbits'

I was on the edge of my seat when Spoiler: Inge went down in battle during the goblin assault :shock: