Rivendell Region Guide

The place for discussion of Cubicle 7 and Sophisticated Games' "Adventures in Middle-earth" OGL setting.
MrUkpyr

Re: Rivendell Region Guide

Post by MrUkpyr » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:51 pm

I've got one who is using RichH's version, and has already asked if he can change his PC to match the new book.
Told him "yes".
MrUkpyr
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

mats77

Post by mats77 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:20 pm

BookBarbarian wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:43 pm
I've got a player that I'm sure will want to roll up a Rivendell Elf ASAP.
So I was not the only one having such player then... ;) :)

mats77

Post by mats77 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:23 pm

MrUkpyr wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:51 pm
I've got one who is using RichH's version, and has already asked if he can change his PC to match the new book.
Told him "yes".
Yes, why stop them! ;) :)

Otaku-sempai

Post by Otaku-sempai » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:37 pm

mats77 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:11 am
One of my daughters plays a Mirkwood Elf, but when I showed her the new Rivendell Elf she got really excited (her favourite elfs). So now we need to "seemlessly" transform her character into a Rivendell Elf... ;) Of course it's an odd thing to do in an ongoing campaign (just a few sessions so far), but I put the enjoyment of my players first and foremost... :)
If I was LM I might ask her if she wanted to run two heroes: her Mirkwood Elf and a High-elf of Rivendell. But I don't know how large your company is; maybe that would be more characters than you want. And maybe running two heroes would be too confusing.
"Far, far below the deepest delvings of the Dwarves, the world is gnawed by nameless things. Even Sauron knows them not. They are older than he."

mats77

Post by mats77 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:18 pm

Otaku-sempai wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:37 pm
If I was LM I might ask her if she wanted to run two heroes: her Mirkwood Elf and a High-elf of Rivendell. But I don't know how large your company is; maybe that would be more characters than you want. And maybe running two heroes would be too confusing.
The company just have three players/characters, so one more would have been very nice. But I think it might get confusing, as you say. Me and my players are not new to RPGs in general, but new to D&D and AiME, so we have lots of things going on in our minds already... ;) :)

quincypostman

Post by quincypostman » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:07 am

mats77 wrote:
Instantly made a pre-order and got the pdf. I love it! So much good stuff in there.

One of my daughters plays a Mirkwood Elf, but when I showed her the new Rivendell Elf she got really excited (her favourite elfs). So now we need to "seemlessly" transform her character into a Rivendell Elf... ;) Of course it's an odd thing to do in an ongoing campaign (just a few sessions so far), but I put the enjoyment of my players first and foremost... :)
The transition could be made as she is a Rivendell elf who was staying at the Woodland King's hall. It's not unheard of.

QP

mats77

Post by mats77 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:51 am

quincypostman wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:07 am
mats77 wrote:
Instantly made a pre-order and got the pdf. I love it! So much good stuff in there.

The transition could be made as she is a Rivendell elf who was staying at the Woodland King's hall. It's not unheard of.

QP
The company is actually close to the Woodland King's hall. I will propose this when we play tomorrow! :)

Otaku-sempai

Post by Otaku-sempai » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:39 pm

quincypostman wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:07 am

QP
So the player-hero took it into her head to live for a while as though she was an Elf of Mirkwood? Clever! And won't the rest of the company be surprised at the reveal! :lol:
"Far, far below the deepest delvings of the Dwarves, the world is gnawed by nameless things. Even Sauron knows them not. They are older than he."

mats77

Post by mats77 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:42 pm

Otaku-sempai wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:39 pm
So the player-hero took it into her head to live for a while as though she was an Elf of Mirkwood? Clever! And won't the rest of the company be surprised at the reveal! :lol:
A bit of surprise... Yes... ;)

We ran a session today, with the new elf. We made the transition earlier this week. It all went great! She loves her new elf! :) And looks forward to some Elven-smithing later on!