Rivendell Region Guide

The place for discussion of Cubicle 7 and Sophisticated Games' "Adventures in Middle-earth" OGL setting.
Katowice

Re: Rivendell Region Guide

Post by Katowice » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:30 pm

If the Witch-King of Angmar is in there, does that mean we'll see Morgul knives?

Mim

Post by Mim » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:35 pm

Yes, most likely. They included a Morgul-knife in his write-up in the TOR version.

Otaku-sempai

Post by Otaku-sempai » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:46 pm

The Rivendell region guide for TOR also has rules and write-ups for Undead in general, in addition to Special Abilities for powerful adversaries. If those have not already appeared elsewhere for AiMe then I expect they will be included here as well.

01/25: Details are now available!
• Background for the Last Homely House, Rivendell, the sanctuary of Imladris.
• Write-ups of the characters that might be encountered in Imladris, from Elrond and Arwen to Glorfindel and the White Council.
• New Fellowship undertakings.
• A history of Arnor, Angmar and the Rangers of the North.
• A region guide to Eastern Eriador, including the Barrow-downs, the Trollshaws and Angmar.

• New adversaries to face, including Ettins, Hill-men of Rhudaur and the toughest Troll of them all, the Queen of Castle Hill.
• A bestiary of undead creatures, from Bog Soldiers and Barrow-wights to the Lord of the Nazgûl himself, the Witch-king of Angmar.
• Rules for powerful adversaries, allowing you to customise any monster to provide a challenge for even the most heroic of adventurers.
• A set of optional rules, the Eye of Mordor, to track how much attention the Enemy reserves for the company.
• Rules for adding Magical Treasure to your campaign, including dozens of ready-made artefacts, some famous, others less so.
• A new playable Heroic Culture: the High Elves of Rivendell.
Cover art and more news is here.
"Far, far below the deepest delvings of the Dwarves, the world is gnawed by nameless things. Even Sauron knows them not. They are older than he."

Hero_of_Canton

Post by Hero_of_Canton » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:43 pm

Newbie to AIM and this forum but I've been a Player and Dungeon Master since 1977. I'm making my way thru the Player's and Loremaster's Guides in preparation for returning to D&D (5e) after more than a decade running primarily GURPS. I am very impressed with the quality of all the AIM products I have bought so far (ALL of what you sell I think) so I am very eager to get my hands on said "Rivendell Region Guide".

Will a PDF be available for download as part of the pre-order of the hardcopy? So hurry up and take our money okay? :D

Hero of Canton

"I'll be in my bunk!"

Otaku-sempai

Post by Otaku-sempai » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:28 pm

Hero_of_Canton wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:43 pm
Will a PDF be available for download as part of the pre-order of the hardcopy? So hurry up and take our money okay? :D

Hero of Canton

"I'll be in my bunk!"
I expect that a PDF will be released soon after pre-orders become available.
"Far, far below the deepest delvings of the Dwarves, the world is gnawed by nameless things. Even Sauron knows them not. They are older than he."

Katowice

Post by Katowice » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:29 pm

Hopefully soon! :D

Hero_of_Canton

Post by Hero_of_Canton » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:18 pm

In the words of our newest (and funniest since Wash went and got himself “shafted”) member of the Serenity crew; “We wants it! We wants it! Give us The Precious!”

Yeah he’s “been thru some trauma” as Dr. Milk-toast would say, but he’s just the right size to clean all those gorram air-ducts. Plus he acts so ruttin funny whenever River glances his way what with all the sobbing and groveling at her bare little feet.

Hero of Canton - “Almost nuthin buys bygones quicker than swag!”