Your Fellowships!

The place for discussion of Cubicle 7 and Sophisticated Games' "Adventures in Middle-earth" OGL setting.
Michebugio

Your Fellowships!

Post by Michebugio » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:01 pm

Just a simple topic where I would like to collect the names of your Fellowships!

Let's try to keep a standard format, like this:
FELLOWSHIP NAME

Member #1 (possibly the leader): name, culture, class, age, background information, brief description. Role during Journeys.

Member #2: name, culture, class, age, background information, brief description. Role during Journeys.

Member #3: name, culture, class, age, background information, brief description. Role during Journeys.

I'll start with mine!

FELLOWSHIP OF THE SILVER HEART

Reinald Silverheart: Man of the Lake Scholar, currently 23 years old. Offspring of one of the richest merchant princes of Esgaroth, the Silverheart family, he acts as the group's spokesman and enterpreneur. He has a gift for tongues and dabbles in ancient, often lost (and forbidden) lore: he recently learned the ability to speak with the dead from Valderic (Rhovanion Guide), and his fascination with the dark arts is growing deeper. Unknowingly to him, he's the descendant of a bastard son of Girion and somewhere in his heart he feels he's destined to great things, maybe to the throne itself... but this may also bring a dark side out of him. Role during Journeys: Explorer.

Beran, the Crow: Woodman of Wuduseld, Warrior/Treasure Hunter, currently 19 years old. His father played a part in the disappearance of Ingomer's son, Ingold, who will later become Mogdred, the Lord of Tyrant Hill: Beran was also a childhood friend of Ingold himself. He inherited his (now deceased) father's blame and became an exile. A quiet man, a gifted archer and a hunter, he soon becomes a trusted agent of Radagast and a love interest of Banna (Wilderland Adventures), but he falls in love (unrequited) with the elf maiden Galia (also from Wilderland Adventures). Role during Journeys: Lookout.

Endimion, Swiftfoot: Dùnedain Wanderer, currently 21 years old. A Ranger trainee sent east of the Misty Mountains to act as the eyes and ears of the Rangers of the North, and ultimately of Elrond Halfelven. His mentor and master is Dirhael, Aragorn's grandfather from mother's side, who besides teaching him to fight and the ways of the wild, also acts as a fatherly figure for him since he's an orphan. He has frequent, prophetic dreams about the Werewolf and the Darkening of Mirkwood. He starts out as an impulsive youngster, becoming wiser and wiser as destiny calls for him. He and Galia (from Wilderland Adventures) share a romantic relationship, which brought tension with his comrade Beran who is also in love with Galia. Role during Journeys: Guide.

Gròr the Smith: Dwarf of the Lonely Mountain, Slayer, currently 43 years old. The son of a dwarf merchant slaughtered by orcs on the journey to Erebor after the death of Smaug, and a gifted smith. He's one of the dwarves who get lost in the Marshes during the Marsh Bell adventure, but he is separated from the group and gets lost in Mirkwood for months. Thanks to his incredible toughness and force of will he re-emerges on the other side of the forest, rescued by Bofri son of Bofur, barely alive and more a wild beast than a person. He seems to have discovered the Old Forest Road during his wanderings, but he can't recall almost anything of it because of the horrors he has seen. Role during Journeys: Hunter.

Michebugio

Re: Your Fellowships!

Post by Michebugio » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:23 pm

Well, I'm a bit sad that this topic didn't have the slightest success. I was really hoping we could share some plot ideas and, why not, use characters from each other's Fellowships as NPCs in our campaigns!

Oh well, I'll keep lurking around. :)

MrUkpyr

Post by MrUkpyr » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:03 pm

Michebugio wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:23 pm
Well, I'm a bit sad that this topic didn't have the slightest success. I was really hoping we could share some plot ideas and, why not, use characters from each other's Fellowships as NPCs in our campaigns!

My group hasn't "named" their fellowship yet. I also didn't want to post to this thread until the players had agreed, on the chance that they might not *want* me to post their information.

EdricWild

Post by EdricWild » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:19 pm

Michebugio wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:23 pm

Sorry, I've been meaning to reply but haven't gotten around to it.

Our Fellowship is a trio of Riders of Rohan, the last survivors of the a noble household...

Alfhild daughter of Alfgar, Rider of Rohan, Last Scion, Warrior: Alfhild is the surviving daughter of the Second Marshal of Rohan. Her father and his entire household were killed by her treacherous uncle after falling out of favor with Fengal, Rohan's weak and greedy king. With two retainers, she has fled north to Wilderland seeking the Wizard Radaghast who once led her great-grandfather on an Adventure. Convinced that her house cannot be restored, she seeks to find her nobility in her own heart.

Manndrin, Rider of Rohan, Loyal Servant ,Scholar: Manndrin was a sage and healer in the service on Alfgar. When his lord's hall was destroyed, he fled north with his lady Alfhild. Manndrid is a clever man whose tongue is as quick as his mind, but he has a tendency to make "hard choices" to survive... choices which compromise honor and right for expedience and survival.

Edmund Bladewind, Rider of Rohan, Driven from Home, Burglar/Slayer: Edmund was a guard in Lord Alfgar's household, albeit a light fingered one. It was his keen eyes and cunning that led Alfhild and Manndrid safely away from the destruction of their hall and he has dedicated himself to their protection. He rarely speaks and most often hides his face behind the face-guard of his father's ornate battle-helm. Unknown to his companions, it was Edmund's failure - having left his post to trade stolen goods - that allowed Alfgar's enemies into the hall that fateful night. It is his guilt, now a cold rage, that drives him to protect that last survivors of the house he doomed at any cost.

BookBarbarian

Post by BookBarbarian » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:31 pm

We're using the Pre-mades for our first adventure, Although our player playing Beli has renamed him to Clem Fandango.

Dirk89stensrud

Post by Dirk89stensrud » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:15 pm

We've got a pretty large group and it's always a crapshoot for which combination of PC's we will have each week.

While there is no set leader yet, the leader appears to be:

Veros, Elven Wanderer (Oathsworn)
Veros was intrigued by the dwarves that he saw at the Battle of Five Armies and, though he did was not in the ranks of the battle, he was impressed by their prowess in combat. Years later, Veros came across a Dwarf named Rulim whom he befriended. After several adventures together, Rulim went missing, taken by goblins. Unable to find his friend and thinking he would never see him again, Veros returned to Mirkwood as an outcast.
Role: Guide

Bungo Chubb, Hobbit Scholar (Reluctant Adventurer)
Bungo grew up a well-mannered hobbit who always minded his p's and q's and made sure to befriend all whom he met. One day, Bungo's sister became ill with a sickness that none in the Shire could cure. He learned of a rare herb, called Alfirin, that was said to be able to cure any malady. He begins to journey in search of information of this Alfirin from any sages he may meet.
Role: Scout

Roehl, Beorning Slayer (Hunted by the Shadow
Roehl left his wife and daughter at home in the East Anduin Vales to join his patrol to keep Beorn's people safe. He crossed paths in the mountain passes with a band of orc raiders upon warg mounts led by an orc named Blódolg. The orcs slaughtered his patrol and Blódolg bested Roehl in combat and he was forced to flee. Blódolg, learning Roehl's name from a dying Beorning, now hunts after him and swears to kill him and his loved ones. Roehl has not returned home to his family since then, fearing that doing so would lead Blódolg straight to his wife and child.
Role: Look-out

Breen, Dwarf of the Iron Hills Warrior (Lure of the Road)
Every warrior, if they have to die, would prefer to die in combat Breen was a great warrior... unfortunately he died in the caves of the Misty Mountains. No orc was nearby to stab him nor troll to smash him. No, Breen simply fell off a ledge as his companions watched in horror. Status: Deceased
Role: Hunter

Val, Man of the Lake Warrior (Driven From Home)
Though Val's skills with a blade are top-notch, it is not the thrill of battle nor the desire to protect Middle-earth from the Shadow that brings him to the adventure. It is his love of women... and what is more attractive to a woman than a man who is incredibly talented with a sword and looks good doing it? Val, son of an elven father and a human mother, rejected his elven heritage and chose to live as a mortal. In doing so, he was banished from his elven home and came to live in Lake-town. A trader by talent, Val uses his charm to persuade others to buy anything he sells for an unreasonable price.
Role: Hunter

Grimbauld, Dwarf of Erebor Warden (Seeker of the Lost)
Given to too much drinking and gambling, Grim has not always made the best decisions. One drunken night, Grimbauld gambled away his family heirloom, a magnificently crafted warhammer. When he woke up the next morning, he regretted his ways and decided that he needed to be come better. He needed to be an inspiration to himself and to others, not just another drunken mess. Grim sets out to reclaim his lost hammer, though he knows not where to look. Rumors have led him this way and that. Upon seeking information of the hammer in Lake-town, Grim met a merchant and trader, Val. Val appreciated the dwarf's yearnings to reclaim his heirloom and agreed to accompany him on his quest.
Role: Look-out

Varon

Post by Varon » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:30 am

I have too many members to do off the top of my head. :lol:

Currently at 6, but set to go up to 9 when we reconvene. :shock:

We'll see how well it manages to work out.
Company of the Seven Stars: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=10326

Michebugio

Post by Michebugio » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:50 pm

BookBarbarian wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:31 pm
We're using the Pre-mades for our first adventure, Although our player playing Beli has renamed him to Clem Fandango.
This guy knows he's not playing Savage World's Deadlands, right?

Rich H

Post by Rich H » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:33 pm

Michebugio wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:50 pm
This guy knows he's not playing Savage World's Deadlands, right?
Some players are always playing the same game no matter what the GM and other players may think!
TOR resources thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=62
TOR miniatures thread: viewtopic.php?t=885

Fellowship of the Free Tale of Years: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8318

Robin Smallburrow

Post by Robin Smallburrow » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:00 am

The Mirkwood Braves (informally known as the Doorkickers), have been campaigning in Wilderland now up to the year 2946:

Conlan Thistlewren: A Scholar from Bree who travelled to Lake-town to seek further knowledge, in addition to responding to King Bard's request for aid, aged 28. Conlan acts as company spokesperson and healer, as his patience and gift for understanding ordinary people endears him to most. Role during Journeys: None, although sometimes doubles as Look-Out.

Araphor Ingold, a Dunedain warrior who was sent to protect Conlan on the request of Conlan’s teacher Bellsap (the healer of Bree), aged 35. He had a tough upbringing in the wilds surrounding Bree, where he found the sword that he calls ‘Vantil’ (‘stick’), from his learning at a young age to wield two sticks. His quest is to find out the true nature of the sword, and to disagree with everything Conlan says. His company role is to be on the front line in any fights (with Vidar), the company thinks this maybe why he seems to seek danger. Role during Journeys: Explorer/Scout.

Vidar Stonehand, a Dwarven Slayer that Conlan & Araphor met in Lake-town during Dragon-tide, aged 51. He has a checkered past (other Dwarves tend to shun him), and he seeks to gain redemption for this, including gaining revenge on Ugburz the Orc Chief, who he blames for his family’s present misfortunes. His role in the company is as Captain in any fights. Role during Journeys – can double for Hunter or Guide.

Harewulf the Foresighted, a Beorning Wanderer also met in Lake-town, from the small village of Stonyford on the banks of the Anduin, who was disliked by the other villagers for his ‘gift’ of having visions (seen as a ‘stormcrow’), so he left to explore Middle-earth, aged 35. He is worried that his gifts are a taint of the Shadow, and seeks to know more. He is the company’s guide so he likes to be travelling, doesn’t like staying in one place for too long. Role during Journeys – Guide.

Frollo Took, a Hobbit Warden who travelled east with Dindy & Dody Brandybuck, then he travelled further east to Lake-town as he desires to map as much of his travels as he can, and then eventually show everyone ‘back home’ the wonderful maps of his travels, aged 32. Frollo (being a non-threatening hobbit) can also act as company spokesman with other people. Role during Journeys - double for Explorer and/or Look-out.

Garulf Horsehair, a Rider of Rohan Wanderer the company met at Woodland Hall, aged 20. His home was destroyed by orcs led by Ugburz, so he has left his home seeking knowledge and experience so he can restore his home and his family’s fortunes one day, and possibly also vengeance on Ugburz. His role in the company seems to be to help Araphor get the company into trouble. Role during Journeys: Hunter, or can double in any of the roles as has good skills for all of them.

Beren, a Gondorian Treasure-Hunter who was a prisoner in Dol Guldur until rescued by the company, aged 31. He is referred to as ‘the spy’ and the company indeed is already using him in such roles. He was an actual envoy from his people of Gondor, he is not yet sure whether to return – for now he is liking his new role with the company. Role during Journeys: can double as Explorer or Look-out.

Grognir Granitebeard, an Iron-Hills Dwarven Warrior the company met at Stonyford during the Moon Festival, aged 76. He has seen many battles but wants to continue killing orcs where possible, and thinks that by joining the company he will see more battles. Role during Journeys: None.

Robin S.
P.S - I have pictures of the characters, but don't know how to insert them from my PC?? (they don't have a URL)
To access all my links for my TOR Resources - please click on this link >> http://bit.ly/1gjXkCo