Tale of Years- Company of the Seven Stars (Probably spoilers)

The place for discussion of Cubicle 7 and Sophisticated Games' "Adventures in Middle-earth" OGL setting.
Varon

Re: Tale of Years- Company of the Seven Stars (Probably spoilers)

Post by Varon » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:26 pm

Thanks for the insight! I appreciate that. And hopefully it felt like Tolkien. We shall find out! They all enjoyed it enough to want another session, which is good.

And that’s good advice for warning them what might cause a Shadow point. It might have helped to explain things more clearly and warn them ahead of time, although their decisions were discussed OOC for a bit and then ICly. I will keep that in mind! Hard since some of them come from a more... rules lawyerly type of culture and background.
Company of the Seven Stars: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=10326

Varon

Post by Varon » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:28 pm

So, just finishing up Stewed Hobbits and there's going to be some terrible news.

Is there a consequence for failed quests?

Wanton

Post by Wanton » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:35 pm

Varon wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:28 pm
So, just finishing up Stewed Hobbits and there's going to be some terrible news.

Do tell, what happened.... it looks like this will fare poorly for the Easterly Inn :ugeek:

Varon

Post by Varon » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:43 pm

Oh, we're in the process of finishing it up still. I'm just trying to improvise how to have this end.

Anarfin

Post by Anarfin » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:02 pm

Varon wrote:
Gobbled goblins and mourning hobbits, I presume.

MrUkpyr

Post by MrUkpyr » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:58 pm

Varon wrote:
It will be even harder for the Easterly Inn to survive without the active assistance of having the site be a sanctuary. If the Players don't work to keep it protected, then it will not survive the first few years of "the return of the shadow".

Oh, and a bunch of well-fed goblins that now have a taste for hobbit-flesh, thus making it even harder for the next batch of hobbits to restock the Inn.

OR perhaps the Inn now turns to Mountain Hall / Beornings / Woodman Town / Dale / Esgaroth to resupply?

Are the players asked to be guards for a group going to Dale and returning with more provisions?

Robin Smallburrow

Post by Robin Smallburrow » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:05 am

Please give details as my group will be doing Herbs & Hobbit next!

Another unintended consequence of the failure of the Easterly Inn - the Inn currently helps keep the rivalry between the Beornings & Viglundings over the Elfwood reasonably 'civilised' - without a nearby establishment for these groups to 'cool' their heads, the rivalry may become more heated earlier than was the case.

Robin S.
To access all my links for my TOR Resources - please click on this link >> http://bit.ly/1gjXkCo